Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Bluetooth phone kit

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
Ok, what you need to do is take out your glovebox and undo the two screws that hold the side panel on the centre console.Behind that panel is where the wiring should be.
There is a plug there with wiring, expose the wire colours, your looking for a blue and blue/black wire.They are the wires you hook into for your speakers, much better that way so you control the volume through the stereo.

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
This'll make it easier, remove the glovebox and undo this panel
RIMG1011.jpg

The panel drops down and you'll find this plug taped up
RIMG1013.jpg

Best thing to do would be to spend $12 and get a phone patch from holden, part number 92175840.It plugs into that plug and you just wire your kit to it, done!
Switch looks like this
RIMG1010.jpg

You should only need a bezel with one hole, it replaces the little rubber tray behind your power window switches.I have two because of traction control.
The button will require small terminals, get them from any electrical store.There are 5 terminals in all on the switch but you'll only use three for the button and one for the illumination which you pick up off the cig. lighter.
It sounds hard but it's really quite easy.All up, should be done in an hour or so.

sam71

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY15 VF SV6
Thanks man!

Will give it a go soon, if not I will get it done for me! Not real good with wires etc.

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks man!

Will give it a go soon, if not I will get it done for me! Not real good with wires etc.

No worries.
Let me know if you want a diagram for which wire goes where on the switch, if you're going to attack it yourself.
If you're getting someone to do the job for you, make sure they know!:yeah:

sam71

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY15 VF SV6
Ordered the bits from Preston Motors in Dandy! Switch, phone patch & bezel all up around $35

I have a feeling that I ordered a bezel with two holes not one! Silly me!
Do they come with blanks?

sossy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
Hi there

with these kits, I know that when the phone is active the radio mutes, but if you're playing a CD does it just mute it, or does it pause it as well

Glen

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
Hi there

with these kits, I know that when the phone is active the radio mutes, but if you're playing a CD does it just mute it, or does it pause it as well

Glen

I'm pretty sure it doesn't pause it but to be honest, i haven't taken alot of notice!:)

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
Ordered the bits from Preston Motors in Dandy! Switch, phone patch & bezel all up around $35

I have a feeling that I ordered a bezel with two holes not one! Silly me!
Do they come with blanks?

Nah mate, you'll have to return it and get the right one.

sam71

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY15 VF SV6
Going there this morning to pick up, if it is wrong I will get them to get the right bit in! I also have the part number of the blank button.

I had a qick look the other night and they def hooked up the nokia speaker, how do I get the sound from the nokia kit to the radio or is this part of the phone patch loom?

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
Going there this morning to pick up, if it is wrong I will get them to get the right bit in! I also have the part number of the blank button.

I had a qick look the other night and they def hooked up the nokia speaker, how do I get the sound from the nokia kit to the radio or is this part of the phone patch loom?

It's part of the loom mate but you need to use your nokia speaker coax because it still plugs into the nokia box.In other words, cut the nokia speaker of the coax and you'll find a red and black wire.Strip those back and connect them to the patch, instructions that come with the patch will say which colour wire they connect to.then you plug it in to the nokia box just like you would do if you were still using the nokia speaker.Hope that makes sense.