Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Bluetooth phone kit

CMA

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Does anyone know the cost of the bluetooth phone kit to fit a VZ by any chance, or how easy/hard they would be to install??

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Buying one of the clip-on blue-ant kits, that fit to the sun-visor, is the cheapest and simplest way to go. Battery either recharges between use, or you can feed from the power socket. Blue-tooth phone hooks up automatically each time you enter the car. Low cost, simple to install, no modifications to the vehicle and its portable between different cars. Who could ask for more? Cost varies between about $100 and $200, depending on which kit you buy.

Regards

pj

azzss

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY 9.5 SSV Sportswagon M6 & 08 prado D4D GXL M6
I went with a nokia bluetooth kit. It was easy to fit as vt onwards have wiring in them for a phone. Good thing about these is they mute the radio when on the phone and the audio comes through the car speakers. I think there around the $180-$200 mark. You could also go with the holden kit as they just plug straight into the wiring and work the same way but are around the $700 mark for a vz.
Cheers

05 VZ SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS 5.7 M6 Silver
Original holden kit is $450 plus GST..
Sweet talk your dealer though, and the trade price is $385..Worked for me :)

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
Buy a nokia kit.Heaps cheaper and works great.
I've got a ck-7w kit in mine, used the factory button so it looks stock and works like a charm.By the time i'd got everything and installed it total cost would be around the $150 mark.

sam71

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY15 VF SV6
What is the factory button that you mentioned? Is it the same as comes with the holden kit?

I have a CK-7W kit and just think the button is untidy!

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
What is the factory button that you mentioned? Is it the same as comes with the holden kit?

I have a CK-7W kit and just think the button is untidy!

The button i'm talking about is the factory one that sits behind your power window switches in the console.
You use the nokia button patch, cut the button off the end and strip the wires down and connect to the right terminals on the factory button.
If you need more info on how it's done let me know.

sam71

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY15 VF SV6
juzo where did you get the switch and surround from?

The only thing I can see if you stop using the nokia button is that you won't be able to change the volume! Is this true?

Can you still use the redial function from the holden button?

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
Your volume is through your headunit so that shouldn't be an issue.
The switch and surround you get from holden.Not sure about the redial function as i haven't even tried to do it.I just hold the button in for a couple of seconds and use voice tags, works well.

sam71

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY15 VF SV6
No Probs! Will look into it!

I have a VY which had the nokia kit installed when I got it, I am not sure how they wired it up! The radio knows when a call is taking place or the phone is plugged in, however I think they may have used the speaker that came with the CK-7W kit as the sound does not appear to come from the vehicle speakers.