Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

bluetooth to iphone 6 connectivity

Brian Boyd

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore
I have just updated my iphone 6 and now the bluetooth to my VE commodore doesn't work. Does anyone have a fix for this? Would it help updating, if possible, the bluetooth?

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
There’s not. Same happened to us. Same happened to a lot of members back in the day. (The 6 is an old phone)
Keep trying. There’s not patch from Holden and even back then, they didn’t care less for the brand users. Many members tried to contact Apple for a fix as well. Like talking to a wall.

Ours started working again but usability was compromised. To answer the phone now takes a few extra presses of the transfer button.

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
There’s not. Same happened to us. Same happened to a lot of members back in the day. (The 6 is an old phone)
Keep trying. There’s not patch from Holden and even back then, they didn’t care less for the brand users. Many members tried to contact Apple for a fix as well. Like talking to a wall.

Ours started working again but usability was compromised. To answer the phone now takes a few extra presses of the transfer button.
It’s buggy af and it’s not just related to a specific IPhone or car. I’ve had an iPhone 5 and now an iPhone X and neither of them worked properly in either the SV6 or the SSV.

Sometimes it won’t answer, sometimes it answers and the person at the other end can’t hear you. Also most of the time it will “hold the line open” and not return to the radio for a couple of minutes after you press the steering wheel button to hang up. Well that’s what mine does anyway.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Just remember, Holden always used 'standard Bluetooth protocols'.
Apple use their own Bluetooth protocols... Apple only use Bluetooth under sufferance,.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Yep, Apple will lock people in with walled gardens and closed, proprietary or hybridised protocols wherever possible. Yet people line up around the block to be the first to buy their overpriced shinny shinny :rolleyes: What can go wrong :oops:

Holden sold cars and begrudgingly supported its customer base but now they just don’t give a shyt :rolleyes: What can go wrong :oops:

Sadly Android is open source but sits on proprietary chipset drivers and manufactures have zero interest to update the phones OS so one is stuck on old insecure version :rolleyes: What can go wrong :oops:

Really, it should be no surprise things do go wrong with iPhones/Android and VE connectivity :rolleyes: It’s the free market and ignorant consumer base ripe for the plucking who continue to run on that treadmill :eek:

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Yep, Apple will lock people in with walled gardens and closed, proprietary or hybridised protocols wherever possible. Yet people line up around the block to be the first to buy their overpriced shinny shinny :rolleyes: What can go wrong :oops:

Holden sold cars and begrudgingly supported its customer base but now they just don’t give a shyt :rolleyes: What can go wrong :oops:

Sadly Android is open source but sits on proprietary chipset drivers and manufactures have zero interest to update the phones OS so one is stuck on old insecure version :rolleyes: What can go wrong :oops:

Really, it should be no surprise things do go wrong with iPhones/Android and VE connectivity :rolleyes: It’s the free market and ignorant consumer base ripe for the plucking who continue to run on that treadmill :eek:

Never had a problem with my VE's and android phones, and there have been many android phones paired with my Redline and Maloo.
The only Apple user was my father, he had the Redline for a couple of years, and his Apple worked fine.