Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

BMW X5 rims on a VZ

JaydenVZwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VZ Executive Wagon
Will BMW X5 wheels fit straight onto my vz wagon with low profile tyres on them or will there be issues with hub size becuase I know the stud pattern is the same

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
Depends on the offset and tyre size

Trayner

Fresh prince of Pakky, Gangsta
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
will probly need to run spacers as well

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Years ago, I put a steel 15" VZ wheel on the rear of an X3 BMW....Straight bolt on......Had to do it because the owner of the car got a lump of metal through a tyre, which stuffed the rim.....And being an European car, it came with a can of slime and an air compressor for a spare.

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
A lot will depend on the offset.
To keep them inside you body work they would need to be no less than around 35P with a narrow tyre and 45P with a wide tyre.
Early X5 rims ran 20-25P offset which required Adventra Flares to cover the wheel and tyre.

graham7773

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim Wagon
So does this apply to all BMWs? I am looking at a set of rims off a 320 I90 and I have been told they fit. Yes/No?

H

harrop.senator

This is 18x8.5 +15 off an e92. I had to roll the front guards about 30mm and -2 degrees camber up front. Its running a 235 40 18 with a fairly stiff suspension set up, I had to lip the rears flush and put very stiff springs and bilsteins in or itd sack and rub the on the upper wheel well curve when you got off stall.

Vr-vs seem to fit more rim then vt-vz. On holiday at the moment and have no photos of the wifes vu. Im running 16x7 + 20 bbs ra off an e34 on thise and its not been driven with them yet as done an engine conversion and interior conversion thats not yet complete. But pending how much front end resets ill probably need to kip front guards and add 1.5-2 degrees neg camber

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
The offset of the BMW rims changes with nearly every model.
It will be stamped or embossed on the inside of the rim along with the actual width.
I have all more guards rolled and run the following.
8"x18 35P on the front with 245/40 tyres and if you put a straight edge on the tyre it sits slightly outside the guard.
Rears are 9"x18 45P (almost same as Holden 48P) running 275 tyres dead in line with guard.