Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

BMW X5 Rims on ute?

camfos

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS Ute
Hey guys,
Found a set of BMW X5 rims cheap in my area and wondering what i have to do to make them fit? Some people say they're fine, just need a roll and hub rings but others say that i'll need extended studs and 6mm slip on spacer on the front (which i don't want to do).
Want to know before i go and buy them.
Thanks in advanced :)

Eevo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS Ute
why would you want to?

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Which year and what type? X5 has heaps of different sizes/widths/offsets. TBH, unless you can provide that info for the particular set you're looking at nobody can tell you for sure.

camfos

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS Ute
I've seen it done a fair few times now and seems to be getting pretty popular. They're 9 inch +48 fronts and 10 inch +45 rears
bmw_wheel_132.jpg

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
I've seen it done a fair few times now and seems to be getting pretty popular. They're 9 inch +48 fronts and 10 inch +45 rears
bmw_wheel_132.jpg

And diameter?

I think you might run into problems on the front strut, you might be able to get away with changing the tyre to something low profile.

This is useful - Online Wheel and Tyre Fitment Calculator. Offset, Tyre Stretch and Speedo Error | Will They Fit

If you've got a bare rim, you can use it to measure against the car with a ruler.

XUV

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV XUV & Raised Cross 8 Trayback
The 18 inch X5's fit no problem, but they run very close to the brake caliper, well on the XUV they run close, had 5mm spacer, but would go 10mm

On standard VY Brakes you should have room, run your standard tyres and you'll be right

I ran them for a year with standard nuts , had a friend press some hub centrics in

Front 18 inch BMW X5 Super Sports, I think they were called that
165699_480299524861_612007_n.jpg