Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Body Control Module issues?

Reaction score
Website
www.ultimatehometheatres.com.au
Members Ride
VZ - S
G'day all.

This is my first post, so apologies if my question has been asked already.

I'm currently driving the boss's VZ - S Ute whilst he's overseas, and am experiencing some issues with the indicators.

This afternoon I'd noticed that the indicators both externally and upon the dash do not work at all. In fact the left and right turn signals don't actually have any typical clicking sounds coming from the flasher relay (BCM?).

When I select the hazards, the hazard relay can be heard, however none of the indicators operate either.

The indicators still don't flash when I lock/unlock the vehicle via the key fob, however what may be the hazard relay still makes an audible noise as expected.

Can the problems I'm experiencing by related to the Body Control Module? I'm hoping to find a solution asap to reduce the risk of driving without indicators.

Thanks in advance.

Steve.

maginoodle

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy series2 ss crewman
you would be thinking of the flasher can.
when you say that you can hear it when you have the hazards on is it clicking on and of like the blinkers are working or is it clicking on and staying on?

Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
VZ - S
Hi maginoodle, thanks for the reply.

The clicking on/off of the flasher can sounds normal (like when the blinkers are working properly) when the hazard button is depressed only (no sound at all when using the indicator stalk) , yet no indicators (blinkers) actually work.

I sniffed around under the dash to isolate the location of the flasher can whilst the hazard button was on, only to discover that the clicking sound comes from within a Body Control Module.

I was hoping to find traditional flasher cans in the hope if simply replacing one, however it appears to be more complicated than first thought.

Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
VZ - S
Update.

It seems that the brake lights aren't working either!

The headlights are working fine, as is the high beam functions.

Any ideas gents?

All roads seem to be pointing to the Body Control Module.

What's the next step? Will a replacement unit sort things out? Should a new BCM be purchased with a matching key fob? By the looks of it the key itself can be screwed into a replacement fob.

Would this be the best approach to take?

Cheers.

Steve.

Last edited:

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
I'm not entirely certain but I don't think the BCM controls the indicators or any of the lights.

gunsmoke

Gunsmoke
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS & VZ Exec
Hey all new member here........as above VZ commo, lock the doors with the keys and the LH indicators stay on when the car is deadlocked. I think its a common prob with this model. Wispers are its the BCM as above , needs replacing and keys re coded. Any one had this prob and solved it. thanks.

Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
VZ - S
G'day gunsmoke just received your p.m.

As it turned out there was actually a short within the right rear indicator assembly that caused all of the grief, so as it turned out it wasn't the BCM after all!

My boss took it to his local Holden Service for them to analyze. I don't think it set him back too much either.

Unfortunately my experience probably won't help with the problems that you're having with your indicator.

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
Hey all new member here........as above VZ commo, lock the doors with the keys and the LH indicators stay on when the car is deadlocked. I think its a common prob with this model. Wispers are its the BCM as above , needs replacing and keys re coded. Any one had this prob and solved it. thanks.

this is a known failure of the BCM, it can be repaired which would work out cheaper than replacing it & remotes & havng it all linked by a dealer.
Cheers Rob