Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Body Control Module - Messing Up?

VZ57SSZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 VF Series II SSV
Hey guys

Just a question

My car sometimes will not start just cranks, I then turn it off and press the remote it then starts, also sometimes when driving the car cuts out and sometimes will not start again until the remote is pressed.

Also a few months back when I tried to lock the car with the remote the blinkers flashed locks went down then came back up again almost straight away, I then had to lock with the key.

Before referring me to checking codes which I will do as soon as I find a paper clip or spare wire, could the BCM be responsible and how much would it cost to replace on a VRII Berlina

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
This probably is of no help to you but recently the buttons on my remote have been sticking down or need to be pressed a few times due to the rubber covering starting to fall apart - but if your remote is in perfect condition it won't apply.

Re the cost of a BCM - not sure but I know you have to get the keyhead that matches it.

MADVRSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr ss
hey mine was doing the same it was the controll modual under the dash, just got another 1 and the key end plugged it all has worked fine since

VZ57SSZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 VF Series II SSV
Thanks mate, Looked at my BCM today and I know there is a low, mid and hi but my car is a 885 LUX, I have never seen one of them before.