Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Body Diagnostics - VT,VX,VY,VZ

Discussion in 'Envyous Customs' started by TazzI, Oct 1, 2015.

1. Trayner

Trayner Fresh prince of Pakky

Members Ride:
    Vz ss 6.0L Thunder , Vz S One Tonner
    Keep up the good work TazzI :beer chug:

2. TazzI

TazzI Envyous Customs

Members Ride:
    VE SS Ute
    Exactly right. They may look exactly the same on the outside, but its the actual internal circuitry which is completely different and rubbish.

As for why their cables don't work with my software (SOE), it is always due to one of these 5 major things:
    1) The cable doesnt even power on
    2) The cable has old firmware on it, and does not support the modern commands SOE requires to function correctly! (Cant be done without the new command set!)
    3) Cable does not have ANY of the components for VPW/CAN thus doesnt work on those. (Common in the small bluetooth modules, cheap out on parts to save space and cost)
    4) Cable uses counterfeit chips which either don't work or are automatically rejected and blocked by windows
    5) Bluetooth cable does not hold connection to laptop for longer than a couple minutes (Common in small bluetooth modules)

The Unlocking software I have available has an ELM in the package as a compulsory item, simply due to the amount of people having issues using their el-cheapo usb/bluetooth ELMs, to which I use to spend 10s of hours troubleshooting only to find out everytime that its the ELM device that is at fault. Since enforcing my fully tested ELM's, there hasn't been a single hickup!

It seems I may have to do the same with SOE as there is unfortunately too many poor quality ELMs on the market currently.

Although, hopefully in the near future, I will be bringing out an ALL-in-one device that will allow communication on all commodores.. and I will slowly compile the applications in to an all-in-one diagnostic package (Eventually!!)

3. Dirbatua

Dirbatua AWOL!

Members Ride:
    VX SS Manual, VX SS Auto, VU SS Auto
    Would be awesome so i wouldn't have to keep ALDL cable, wired OBDII and a Bluetooth OBDII around depending what i'd want to do.

So i'm going to assume the mass of phone calls has continued and this is slowly coming together :p

4. TazzI

TazzI Envyous Customs

Members Ride:
    VE SS Ute
    Thats the overall plan, and it is in the works!. An all in one device and software that will allow diagnostics on all Holden commodores from VR to VF!. Will make it alot easier and lees confusing having a device and software that is an all in one package.

Mass phone calls doesnt quite cut it!. Calls start from about 4am WA time (phone is set to do not disturb at this time as Im not awake!) and they dont tend to stop till about 2-3pm. Diagnostics on our commodores is one of the most mis-understood or ill-informed topic available so everyone always has a mass of questions abut it all. Between the calls, emails, forum messages plus other social media and call outs to WA locals, I get very minimal time to work on anything new.

For example, it is now 8:40pm.. with 2 redbulls prepped and pandora radio playing, I intend to work on this application until ~1am to get some dedicated programming time in!. :beer chug:

It the repeats all over again 7hours later! :rofl2:

5. Dirbatua

Dirbatua AWOL!

Members Ride:
    The Downsides of success and having products people want i suppose.

6. TazzI

TazzI Envyous Customs

Members Ride:
    VE SS Ute
    It seems alot of us commodore enthusiasts are quite the chatter box's in all honesty! General talk about upgrades they have done, wanting to do ect and their experiences with anything Holden related. The actual talk about the product is only a couple minutes, the rest of the 20mins+ is generally random chitchat! :beer chug:

7. Dirbatua

Dirbatua AWOL!

Members Ride:
    HAHA that's true, the amount of time i've brought car parts, gone to pick em up and lost an hour chatting while there lol.

8. Trayner

Trayner Fresh prince of Pakky

Members Ride:
    Vz ss 6.0L Thunder , Vz S One Tonner
    Hey tazzi , will this be able to reprogram clusters at all ? I have a vz one tonner v6 and the tank is 68L but when I get down to half way thru the red E I can only get like 45-50L into the tank which means the readout on the dash is not correct

9. alby1976

alby1976 Member

Members Ride:
    WH Grange Gen3, VF Calais V Wagon, VY Calais L67
    I'll be in for testing again, have access to WH Gen3, VY V6, VR with VS Ecotec (which is running the VR ECM), and mates VZ Clubby.

10. kiwicon

kiwicon Active Member

Members Ride:
    VS V8 Manual

1900tazzi @ 2.49 per minute :spot on:

11. Dirbatua

Dirbatua AWOL!

Members Ride:
    It will be the same issue mine has no doubt, someone's changed the sender and put the wrong voltage sender in.

It's what i'm hoping the software will fix as well amongst just liking being able to #### around with my own car :p

12. TazzI

TazzI Envyous Customs

Members Ride:
    VE SS Ute
    Im sure that would slow down the calls!

Finding people with the right information is hard enough, Dont want to put people off by charging for it!

Get calls everyday saying "XYZ said my car needs this device" or "This forum said only Holden can do it" or "Mechanic said its impossible" ect. Being told the wrong thing ends up making someone waste money on devices that dont work. Or told that they cant fit a second hand module for a fraction of the cost of a new one simply because whom ever told them that, is not able to do it.

If I wsnt there to have explained to them what they need, or what can really be done, they would have spent hundreds on other useless mechanics or products!

13. TazzI

TazzI Envyous Customs

Members Ride:
    VE SS Ute
    Sure will!

Reprograms VT-VZ clusters so you can change the fuel calibration or even make up your own!

14. Dirbatua

Dirbatua AWOL!

Members Ride:
    Awesome, well that's what i'm waiting for then :)

15. PREDATR

PREDATR Member

Members Ride:
    VS 355 Turbo, VN Calais 5L, VE SII SV6 Wag, Mirage
    any info on when the software will be available? very keen to get hold of it!

16. TazzI

TazzI Envyous Customs

Members Ride:
    VE SS Ute
    If I got a 5c coin for every phone call I get everyday asking that, I would be able to hire multiple software engineers to help complete it! :beer chug:

The application is complete, its just a matter of adding in the final touches such as a backup programming section allowing people to "backup" their clusters. And a few hundred error catches to ensure noone attempts to enter letters/weird symbols into stuff that can be written to the cluster.

Once I have finally tested out the new backup feature, I will then pass it onto the VY/VZ testers and will also be looking for the VT/VX testers as previous said.

Its a slow process unfortunately, since I literally spend more time on the phone answering questions and general chitchat then I do actually working on software!

17. PREDATR

PREDATR Member

Members Ride:
    VS 355 Turbo, VN Calais 5L, VE SII SV6 Wag, Mirage
    No worries if you need another beta tester swing me a pm. I work on vt-VZ on a daily basis, mainly with tech 2.

18. wod300

wod300 Member

Members Ride:
    2001 VX Berlina Supercharged 3.8
    Hey Tazz,

I'm currently using your AED program and cable that I bought from you a few months back. It is such a great program with so much useful info.

Anyway, I've got a VX V6 supercharged Berlina and I'm happy to do some testing for you, if you are still looking for testers.

Cheers,

Mathew

19. Dirbatua

Dirbatua AWOL!

Members Ride:
    I assume with christmas etc your still flat out and working on it when time is available :p

20. TazzI

TazzI Envyous Customs

Members Ride:
    VE SS Ute
    Flat out would probably be a few notches back from where I am currently :lmao:

I have not been able to do any programming on it for the past week or so due to mass inquiries and a few call outs. Soooo to overcome this (dont try this at home kids!) Iv bought a 4 pack of redbulls for tonight and fuly intend to pull an all nighter of coding and testing :beer chug: