Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Body Diagnostics - VT,VX,VY,VZ

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute
Another lovely late night saga (only middnight!) of testing and finishing touches.. and.. yes... it is finished..
All thats left, is for myself to update the website and make a demonstration video :beer chug:

See below for a few pics of myself hooked up to a VY HSV cluster, BCM and SRS module

pic1.PNG
pic2.PNG

pic3.PNG
pic4.PNG

pic5.PNG
pic6.PNG

pic7.PNG

Theres still more features I want to add in but that will be left for a later date. Otherwise it only delays things further.
Things to add include:
-Backup form feature (allows backup of clusters to be made)
-Remote patch in (Allows myself to connect for troubleshooting or custom programming requirements)
-ABS support (MAYBE... I will need to purchase bulk more ABS modules for further testing)
-Dash display for live data reading
-Save/replay capability

PREDATR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 355 Turbo, VN Calais 5L, VE SII SV6 Wag, Mirage
when will we be able to purchase a copy?

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute
when will we be able to purchase a copy?

Today once I get the demonstration video completed! Hopefully if I do not get too many calls today, should be able to grt this done quickly!

It will be available in a bundle with a brand new ALDL cable for those without one, and also by it self. Im currently just adding software only purchase option into the website.

Dirbatua

AWOL!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS Series 2
awesome but whats the reason for the timed license over the standard one off purchase licensing you have for everything else? cause its super expensive now, basically you buy it and if you want to do something else a few months later its another $50 bucks every time.

Last edited:

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
So interested in this

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute
awesome but whats the reason for the timed license over the standard one off purchase licensing you have for everything else? cause its super expensive now, basically you buy it and if you want to do something else a few months later its another $50 bucks every time.
Well, theres an answer for that one.

Unfortunately due to the expensive road ahead of me with over 400+ hours of development that is to still go into it for allowing for constant live data viewing on dash gauges, histograms and graphs to allow detailed diagnostics.
I want all data reading to be capable of being saved and replayed which will need to be split into its own separate section, along with the ability to set alarms, warnings ect for when watching data being played back to detect anomalies.. an advanced search capabilities to highlight each moment where a sensor was over a particular reading or value.
As well as an integrated backup feature that everyone will be able to use and share cluster backup files, some predefined vehicle setups and cluster types will be made available.

Next, theres a very high demand to add in ABS, Im going to have to spend a couple grand on purchasing bulk ABS modules from VT-VY (VZ isnt ALDL for ABS) from various vehicles to reverse engineer whats going on there.
And finally Im looking to add in a remote patch section, which will allow myself to connect up through an internet connection with my website and allow custom programming and diagnostics to the individuals vehicle. This will also allow me to help diagnose vehicles or issues happening in car such as detecting whether an ABS module has shutdown the communication line.

None of the above is a quick and easy job, and without funding to continue affording parts.. or whole cars, its not economically viable for me to continue its development if its costing more.
I had the same issue with "Unlock My ECU"(UME), I have spent more (Alot more) on ECU's and tools to help reverse engineer then the software has actually earned, and I receive requests on a daily basis on which ECU's to add new support for, which is why UME is on a subscription base as well.

Generally speaking, most people that purchase a diagnostic kit are looking to resolve an issue currently in their car whether it be a faulty BCM, changed instrument cluster or set off the airbag light. Normally once the issue has been resolved, the application is never required again which ends up alot cheaper for them.

Hope that explains the above!

Dirbatua

AWOL!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS Series 2
Fair enough, with the amount i #### around with my cars i might as well buy the year option once its on the site and i got the spare cash floating around.

I assume if i brought a month to begin with then i could simply just buy year addon to the license once the month expired?

Sounds like your going to combine all the software (except unlock my ecu) into just one subscription application from what it reads like above to me.

Also does this mean SRS Diagnostic software is now redundant because it looks like its apart of this application, or does SRS still have additional functionality.

And of course i've lost my ALDL cable somewhere in the garage, i'm sure you will see my order for a new one in the morning haha.

Last edited:

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute
Fair enough, with the amount i #### around with my cars i might as well buy the year option once its on the site and i got the spare cash floating around.

I assume if i brought a month to begin with then i could simply just buy year addon to the license once the month expired?

Sounds like your going to combine all the software (except unlock my ecu) into just one subscription application from what it reads like above to me.

Also does this mean SRS Diagnostic software is now redundant because it looks like its apart of this application, or does SRS still have additional functionality.

And of course i've lost my ALDL cable somewhere in the garage, i'm sure you will see my order for a new one in the morning haha.

Yes I would be happy to do the above with starting off with a month subscription, Im actually going to encourage that thought since a month is enough for a good test/trial. I have a couple callouts today, and then I will be back to finish off the demonstration video, and then the buy button will work again. I did have it all up for a few hours yesterday to which there has been a few sales, but I would rather have the video demonstration showing all the features and abilities before any more are made as Im already getting questions for things that would have been explained in the video!

And yep, thats correct, I will (eventually) combine absolutely everything. This will eventually include VR to VF.
The next step for myself, is to finish off the new diagnostic cable (Envy Cable) which will allow communication on all Holden commodores to all modules using just one device.

Once that is completed, I can compile everything including engine diagnostics and begin adding in the new VE information I have worked out. Once thats up and running, Ill sell the my new VE ute (the pride and joy!) to obtain a VF and that will be the test dummy for VF reverse engineering.

While doing the above, I will also be adding new content to this application since it will all be relevant when compiling further.

The SRS in this application has the same abilities as the standalone program, just a few updates to it for easier use.

As you can see.. its going to be a very busy year!