Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Body Diagnostics - VT,VX,VY,VZ

Trayner

Fresh prince of Pakky, Gangsta
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
Keep up the good work TazzI :beer chug:

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute
lol $4 ebay OBDII devices i'd assume, get what you pay for there.

The software doesn't work as in it supposed to work on their car but isn't for some reason or as in they didn't read the detailed list you have on your website showing which software works with which model and which cable you need.

Exactly right. They may look exactly the same on the outside, but its the actual internal circuitry which is completely different and rubbish.

As for why their cables don't work with my software (SOE), it is always due to one of these 5 major things:
1) The cable doesnt even power on
2) The cable has old firmware on it, and does not support the modern commands SOE requires to function correctly! (Cant be done without the new command set!)
3) Cable does not have ANY of the components for VPW/CAN thus doesnt work on those. (Common in the small bluetooth modules, cheap out on parts to save space and cost)
4) Cable uses counterfeit chips which either don't work or are automatically rejected and blocked by windows
5) Bluetooth cable does not hold connection to laptop for longer than a couple minutes (Common in small bluetooth modules)

The Unlocking software I have available has an ELM in the package as a compulsory item, simply due to the amount of people having issues using their el-cheapo usb/bluetooth ELMs, to which I use to spend 10s of hours troubleshooting only to find out everytime that its the ELM device that is at fault. Since enforcing my fully tested ELM's, there hasn't been a single hickup!

It seems I may have to do the same with SOE as there is unfortunately too many poor quality ELMs on the market currently.

Although, hopefully in the near future, I will be bringing out an ALL-in-one device that will allow communication on all commodores.. and I will slowly compile the applications in to an all-in-one diagnostic package (Eventually!!)

Dirbatua

AWOL!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS Series 2
Although, hopefully in the near future, I will be bringing out an ALL-in-one device that will allow communication on all commodores.. and I will slowly compile the applications in to an all-in-one diagnostic package (Eventually!!)

Would be awesome so i wouldn't have to keep ALDL cable, wired OBDII and a Bluetooth OBDII around depending what i'd want to do.

So i'm going to assume the mass of phone calls has continued and this is slowly coming together :p

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute
Would be awesome so i wouldn't have to keep ALDL cable, wired OBDII and a Bluetooth OBDII around depending what i'd want to do.

So i'm going to assume the mass of phone calls has continued and this is slowly coming together :p

Thats the overall plan, and it is in the works!. An all in one device and software that will allow diagnostics on all Holden commodores from VR to VF!. Will make it alot easier and lees confusing having a device and software that is an all in one package.

Mass phone calls doesnt quite cut it!. Calls start from about 4am WA time (phone is set to do not disturb at this time as Im not awake!) and they dont tend to stop till about 2-3pm. Diagnostics on our commodores is one of the most mis-understood or ill-informed topic available so everyone always has a mass of questions abut it all. Between the calls, emails, forum messages plus other social media and call outs to WA locals, I get very minimal time to work on anything new.

For example, it is now 8:40pm.. with 2 redbulls prepped and pandora radio playing, I intend to work on this application until ~1am to get some dedicated programming time in!. :beer chug:

It the repeats all over again 7hours later! :rofl2:

Dirbatua

AWOL!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS Series 2
Thats the overall plan, and it is in the works!. An all in one device and software that will allow diagnostics on all Holden commodores from VR to VF!. Will make it alot easier and lees confusing having a device and software that is an all in one package.

Mass phone calls doesnt quite cut it!. Calls start from about 4am WA time (phone is set to do not disturb at this time as Im not awake!) and they dont tend to stop till about 2-3pm. Diagnostics on our commodores is one of the most mis-understood or ill-informed topic available so everyone always has a mass of questions abut it all. Between the calls, emails, forum messages plus other social media and call outs to WA locals, I get very minimal time to work on anything new.

For example, it is now 8:40pm.. with 2 redbulls prepped and pandora radio playing, I intend to work on this application until ~1am to get some dedicated programming time in!. :beer chug:

It the repeats all over again 7hours later! :rofl2:

The Downsides of success and having products people want i suppose.

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute
The Downsides of success and having products people want i suppose.

It seems alot of us commodore enthusiasts are quite the chatter box's in all honesty! General talk about upgrades they have done, wanting to do ect and their experiences with anything Holden related. The actual talk about the product is only a couple minutes, the rest of the 20mins+ is generally random chitchat! :beer chug:

Dirbatua

AWOL!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS Series 2
It seems alot of us commodore enthusiasts are quite the chatter box's in all honesty! General talk about upgrades they have done, wanting to do ect and their experiences with anything Holden related. The actual talk about the product is only a couple minutes, the rest of the 20mins+ is generally random chitchat! :beer chug:

HAHA that's true, the amount of time i've brought car parts, gone to pick em up and lost an hour chatting while there lol.

Trayner

Fresh prince of Pakky, Gangsta
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
Hey tazzi , will this be able to reprogram clusters at all ? I have a vz one tonner v6 and the tank is 68L but when I get down to half way thru the red E I can only get like 45-50L into the tank which means the readout on the dash is not correct

alby1976

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Grange Gen3, VF Calais V Wagon, VY Calais L67
I'll be in for testing again, have access to WH Gen3, VY V6, VR with VS Ecotec (which is running the VR ECM), and mates VZ Clubby.

kiwicon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V8 Manual
The actual talk about the product is only a couple minutes, the rest of the 20mins+ is generally random chitchat! :beer chug:

1900tazzi @ 2.49 per minute :spot on: