Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Body Kit Advice!!!!!

FstStig

Diagnostician
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SV6
i think i may have posted that there IS NO ENGINE. i will be losing the XR6 Badge, since its not a ford, but i happen to LIKE the look of it on MY car. so if you dont like it, shove off. what do you have? im betting either a STOCK body (coz ur too close minded and unimaginative) or you have some sort of abomination of mixed parts( for the exact other reason)

if you dont like it thats fine, but dont tell me how to modify my car.

Just because you get rid of the badge, still doesn't escape you from the truth LOL! Yeah I have a White over Gray Calais, looks a lot nicer then what you have going. Probably the fact its riding on nice 19" XHP Chrome Rims as well helps set it off. I'm over trying to make my cars look good, would much rather focus on Power. So I'm not going to shove off, Just going to sit here and continue posting.

You sir have a nice night :)

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
mate i think you should be looking for either a vr/vs ss or hsv kit. you will have the least problems with fitment and i beleive they compliment the lines of the car!
you may even be able to pick one up in your cars colour avoiding the need for paint
If you like the original stuff , this is very good advice and will save you a lot of heartache.

(and I know reaper recommended the same stuff.. its the way he said it I objected to.)

I like my kit, but its been a pain in the butt so far with fitment and fragility. I just wanted something different, and I think the combo will look great once I get the bugs sorted.

It IS a matter of personal choice, you buy whatever you think looks good, never mind other people they can do the same to their own cars.

klampy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Mazda E2000 V6 convert
Just because you get rid of the badge, still doesn't escape you from the truth LOL! Yeah I have a White over Gray Calais, looks a lot nicer then what you have going. Probably the fact its riding on nice 19" XHP Chrome Rims as well helps set it off. I'm over trying to make my cars look good, would much rather focus on Power. So I'm not going to shove off, Just going to sit here and continue posting.

You sir have a nice night :)

so you have a white over silver calais. with XHP chrome rims. OMG, many other people got the same combo?

at least my kit is one of a kind. isnt that what personalising your car is all about? and as for power, its a Turbo V6. so it will have to go to match. IMO putting a ford kit on is just the same as someone putting a VZ kit on a VN. its not meant to be there but it can be made to look good, or also look really bad.

at the end of the day, its my car. and I will do what i want to it. my other car, is a VR. it has a Stato bonnet, SS front bar with VT Manta Lip. and IMO it looks tuff. also has a Turbo V6 as its my track car. so yes, power is as important as the visual.

so how about you get rid of those stupid chrome rims just becuase theyre not genuine and i dont like them?

Kioes

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive S2 3.8L
VR / VS S / SS Lip kit is the way to go, end of story.

klampy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Mazda E2000 V6 convert
here is my drift car.

10032011610.jpg

FstStig

Diagnostician
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SV6
so you have a white over silver calais. with XHP chrome rims. OMG, many other people got the same combo?

Hahaha Not that I have seen so far. Yeah sure you can personalize the look of your car, but bloody hell if your going to do it, at least do a good job with it, otherwise it will end up looking like what comes outta my dogs a$$ every morning. That's right it is your car and if you chose to make it look like a heap of crap then so be it..... Just FYI Some Pitch fork holes in your bonnet would really make it look fully sick and should give you an extra 20hp.

klampy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Mazda E2000 V6 convert
i like it very nice. what is it all?

thanks :) its got stato guards and bonnet, caprice grille, SS front bar, and VT HSV Manta front lip. soon to have VT exec Skirts and not sure about rear bar yet.

Hahaha Not that I have seen so far. Yeah sure you can personalize the look of your car, but bloody hell if your going to do it, at least do a good job with it, otherwise it will end up looking like what comes outta my dogs a$$ every morning. That's right it is your car and if you chose to make it look like a heap of crap then so be it..... Just FYI Some Pitch fork holes in your bonnet would really make it look fully sick and should give you an extra 20hp.

whatever. your just a jerk. not worth any more of my time.

FstStig

Diagnostician
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SV6
whatever. your just a jerk. not worth any more of my time.

Herp Derp! Enjoy driving your in-bred son that is your car :)