Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Body Kit Advice!!!!!

Cpt Awesome

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 S II HBD VY SS , 04 VY S II Executive
Hey yeh dude i reckon thats got serious potential, try a lip spiler too i reckon

klampy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Mazda E2000 V6 convert
Hey yeh dude i reckon thats got serious potential, try a lip spiler too i reckon

thanks. I really like it and the more i look at it the more i like it too!. The original pic b4 the chop was an older one whenit was regod so no lip. But if u look up the page a little the pic with the black manta lip is what i have and is on the car now and is staying on there. The flares are SLR5000 torana flares and i can get the kit off ebay for 270 so im in the market as long as its a similar fit!

holdendude

ŞuρξЯŞ†★Ř
Reaction score
Members Ride
*AL4SHO* VR Commodore
I HAVE to agree with everything DAKSTER, I have a bodykit on mine & I like it, no matter the disrespect others show towards it. Some people like it & others don't, colours also play a huge part in if a kit looks good too.
SDC11102.jpg
SDC11104.jpg

klampy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Mazda E2000 V6 convert
the only thing i peresonally dont like about the vt/x/y/z bodykits on VN/P/R/S is the way the rear bar drops flush on the body. it just doesnt look quite right to me. it needs a little definition, then i think it would look perfect and like it was meant to be there.

VZ57SSZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 VF Series II SSV
I agree I don't mind the front bar and the side skirts. It is just the rear bar that look 2 out of place if it curved instead of being square they would look good.

But I still don't think u can beat the original hsv kits.

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
For me, I find the curves of the original VS body a little too soft, effeminate if you like. I like the more aggressive look of the kit. But thats just me :)

Holdendude, love the kit. Needs something done with the bonnet maybe? but its clean and agressive. It actually looks a lot like mine will, once I paint it, because the very vivid white is pretty much the same as mine is going to be. Its nice to see the effect that paint has and confirms my choice of colour to me.

I plan on doing highlights in VE Atomic Green as well. Hope it looks as good as yours :)

holdendude

ŞuρξЯŞ†★Ř
Reaction score
Members Ride
*AL4SHO* VR Commodore
For me, I find the curves of the original VS body a little too soft, effeminate if you like. I like the more aggressive look of the kit. But thats just me :)

Holdendude, love the kit. Needs something done with the bonnet maybe? but its clean and agressive. It actually looks a lot like mine will, once I paint it, because the very vivid white is pretty much the same as mine is going to be. Its nice to see the effect that paint has and confirms my choice of colour to me.

I plan on doing highlights in VE Atomic Green as well. Hope it looks as good as yours :)

I like the opening sentence :) Thanks mate, yeh I thought about a monaro scoop but everyone's doing it so not sure, I'll think of something.
Ah yeh nice, IMO white and green never have really done anything for me, but would be good to see it.
If it were mine i'd go with something other, something unique like black with ghost airbrushed skulls..

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
The choice of colour in my case has a lot to do with white being the original colour, and me being physically and/or financially unable to do an engine out, doors off respray. I'm hoping it wont be too obvious with me painting the car white, though the new white is ummmm very very white. (untinted Spartan)

Its definitely going to have the Atomic Green highlights, if I was to do a proper respray the whole car would be Atomic Green, I just love the colour :)

Once the green is applied, going to lay 4 litres of pearl over the whole deal. Paint is already in the father-in-laws 20mx10m farm shed, along with a nice new pressure pot and a decent gun :) I think I am committed now lol..
It just takes me a lot of time these days to get the prep work done, I have to do it when my body lets me and that isn't as often as I would like. I am still busy making the kit stronger (already added 4kg to the front bar with extra glass reinforcing) and perfecting the fit, but I will get there :)