Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Body Kit Advice!!!!!

ashii.vs

Live to drive !!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 VS 3.8 Man & 1998 VT Calais 3.8 Man
Ok so i have been working on my vs now for a few months and i have completely re done the inside now i need some help with a body kit. anyone got any ideas ?????

klampy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Mazda E2000 V6 convert
this pic is photoshopped, but the bumper is real. i just did the bonnet black and lowered it .

VSWagon.jpg

ashii.vs

Live to drive !!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
awww yeah thats not to bad did you photoshop the bonnet lol
and thank you :)

maurso

Reaction score
Members Ride
97+98VT 3.8 Wagon and a 1995 VS Commodore Wagon 3.

klampy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Mazda E2000 V6 convert
yea bonnet is photoshopped. pretty crappy chop really... lol i was going to go with white n orange two tone but i like the black i think.

the bumper is top half Lexcen, lower half VZ exec. and iv got the HBD skirt to go on it.

and the sides and rear are going to be BA XR falcon.

ashii.vs

Live to drive !!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
awww you cant but ford bits on a holden lol you wont have anything to seperate them
yeah personally with urs i like the black more :)

ashii.vs

Live to drive !!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
got any ideas ?

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
Body kits are a matter of preference when it comes to the style, but unless you want to spend a bunch of time reinforcing and modifying it to make it fit properly, don't buy a cheap one.

When speaking to someone about buying one, don't listen to the bs. If they want to fit it while its fresh, to 'make it fit better, while its still pliable' its a kit that doesn't fit properly.
Cheap kits also contain less fibreglass. Hit a grasshopper on the way home and watch them shatter!

I bought a cheap VX-R8 kit for my VS. I hit a couple things on the 3000k journey home, which did far more damage than they should because the kit was badly made. There was actually dry fibreglass mat under the gelcoat! Saving money on resin... The fit was also bloody terrible.

However... its not hard to remove a kit and beef it up with a bunch more fibreglass. Its not hard to reshape edges to make the fit better. Just so long as you want to do the work.

A decent kit, which bolts on fitting right and doesn't shatter with an angry look, costs thousands, and there are less options available to you. A cheap kit (mine was $650 without the bonnet) will cost you to reinforce and correct the fit. Its up to you which way you want to go. (note that on mine, the bonnet is very well made, strong and fits perfectly.. and also cost me $650 from a different company.. just the bonnet. You pay for quality.)

Spend even more for original stuff and you should get plastic instead of glass, and this is much, much better. You will pay thru the nose for it though and your choices are going to be limited.

In the end, I love the look of my VS, and its all worth it :)

dakster-albums-vs-berlina-project-picture112396-resprayed-after-body-mods-stock-lights-still-fitted.jpg

dakster-albums-vs-berlina-project-picture112445-rear-view.jpg

ashii.vs

Live to drive !!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
i really like it thanx heaps :)