Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Body kit touch ups?

J

Jman

Curious as to what i can do to touch up my bodykit, recently bought but the side skirts were torn up a lil when going over a hill, think the riding height is a lil low from when they sold it to me. Meanwhile yeah...what can i do? or where can i go to have the kit fixed up

unfortunatley im unaware or what the original kit is or where it came from, as it was sold as is, and im a lil upset that the bastard is already torn up after just a short time.

if it helps, the kits white :) heh....

any ideas? :confused: :bang:

UNEQVN

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn v6
yah i got the answer

we just bought a front clubby bar for a vs, it is damaged severly, but was $50.

to fix it will cost you about $30. to get it fixed will cost you above $150

all you do if you glue it all together with lock tight (or some other really strong glue, we bought bonding glue from golo for $2 each, does same job. its the one with 2conjoined syringes and you mix them together :D) to hold it in place. you then go buy some car glass ( a big ass jar of it is only $25 from paint mobile shops when you buy their brand, this saves you $20 from the k&n brand but is exactly the same.and trust me, it will last you ages :D

you mix some up, like directed on the package, and apply it to ther bak of the sidies or bumper. and a tip, aplly it to all corners evn if they arn't needn a repair, it maked them stronger and less likely to brake in future.

let this dry, sand it back and apply more. sand it back, to the thickness you like and your done.

we are applying some to the front as well, as it is well needed, so you can do this, and sand it back smooth, then prime and paint as usual.

good luck man, it takes awhile cause you gotta wait for **** to dry. hardest bit is waitn for glue to dry. so b patient and itl be perfect. :D

good luck n let me know how it goes