Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Body Kits!

breaker91

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy Executive S1
I've got a VY Executive 2003. I'm looking to put a kit on it but have only heard bad things about fibreglass kits. Would anyone be able to tell me where to get a plastic SS kit and roughly how much it would be? Also if anyone is able to recommend somewhere to get a quality fibreglass kit that would be helpful. Thanks

VYCamo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive Series II
I ordered a fibre VE Clubby kit (For my VY SII) a few months back, fitted it all on a few weeks ago (prepped it myself), I paid about $700 all up, (including postage to Perth), and im pretty happy with it, there were a few issues (ie, a few spots that needed a bit of filling, but nothing too dramatic, overall very happy with it, although i now fear speedbumps with a passion, 1 hit from em and i think ill wipe out the sideskirts, but at the end of the day, you just have to take it easy, and remember, you get what you pay for, you could spent a few thousand on a proper ABS plastic kit, and still rip it to shreds in a week, wich was my reasoning for going the cheaper alternative (im a P plater, im going to bust the kit eventually, know matter how carefull i am lol).

cannlia

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve ss
mate so happy to hear ya lookin for a good kit! i went the fibreglass and now i regret it no end! nothing but head aches i tell ya!

adamc11

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VE SS V Z M6
Do NOT get a fibreglass kit or aftermarket kit unless you want the kit to not line up with your car properly, to be all uneven when it's sprayed, to make your car look like rice. Whenever i see commodores with aftermaket, overdone kits it just looks crap. Get a Genuine Holden S/SS kit.

Something to consider from above posts:

there were a few issues (ie, a few spots that needed a bit of filling, but nothing too dramatic

i went the fibreglass and now i regret it no end! nothing but head aches i tell ya!

VYKING

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive
bonnets

I have a VY Exec with a clubsport kit and was considerin about a monaro bonnet.

but afraid it may be to over the top.

wot do you guys think?

one_and_only2004

Turbo L98 FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
Z Series Thunder Utility - Turbo
Do NOT get a fibreglass kit or aftermarket kit unless you want the kit to not line up with your car properly, to be all uneven when it's sprayed, to make your car look like rice. Whenever i see commodores with aftermaket, overdone kits it just looks crap. Get a Genuine Holden S/SS kit.

you sound like you got a rough deal with a fg kit in the past - generally if you buy **** you'll end up with a **** end product. I have no problems with mine - it lines up, it's even, and it doesn't look ricey thanks...

adamc11

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VE SS V Z M6
you sound like you got a rough deal with a fg kit in the past - generally if you buy **** you'll end up with a **** end product. I have no problems with mine - it lines up, it's even, and it doesn't look ricey thanks...

I'm not so much against fibreglass kits alone but any aftermarket kit. Fitting on an aftermarket kit never gives you that clean look that you'd otherwise get with a genuine kit.

VYCamo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive Series II
I'm not so much against fibreglass kits alone but any aftermarket kit. Fitting on an aftermarket kit never gives you that clean look that you'd otherwise get with a genuine kit.

I agree, it does depend alot on the quality of the kit in question, but genuine kits are always top notch, and they dont make you cry when you enter a shopping centre car park with speedbumps

VYCamo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive Series II
Also, i was under the impression that any form of fibreglass bonnet was illegal ???? Anyone here know any details