Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Body Loom Swap *HELP ME*!

JTR007

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB, VN, VS, VX & VF
So I've been doing a VR Caprice Interior conversion in my VN, all that is left is my dash conversion. I was just gonna swap out the VN body loom for a VS statesman one. Will i need to replace my engine loom + ECU? Or would i be better off with a VR lower spec loom then modifying it?

i heard that one person on another forum when he did he's dash conversion, he swapped out he's old body loom with a VR one and kept he's original VN ECU and engine loom and said it was just plug and play. and is there a difference between v6 and V8 body looms? Unsure how to go about this, this is the part that's holding progress on the car back. I'm wanting to collect information so i know the best way of going with this..

Cheers!

hi_ryder

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais ls1, vp berlina 3.8L
the aircon/heater box has to be modded to fit the vr dash as well. there should be a dash conversion thread kicking around somewhere...

CUTSICK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Executive Series 1
i didnt think you could get all the statesman stuff to work because of the bcm ?