Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Bogan question - VT burnouts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Car parks are private property :p

Not if the public have any type access to the carpark in question,then its classed as a public thoroughfare.It has to be fully enclosed and fenced off from the public to be a private carpark.I know some young guys who work at smash repairs,they were all doing burnouts in the carpark after work etc.Because there was general public access to the carpark,the whole lot of them got fines and booked etc for it.They couldnt believe it,and were spewin about it,they thought the same,they they were on private land,but when the public has access,like at most carparks,its not classed as private at all and the road rules still apply..
This was in NSW too,other states may be different.

showbags

SENIOR EL'BAGO
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais, BMW 135 m sport
private carparks are still classified as public roads. the same as servo's. i got dicked many years ago for dropping skids in my own servo late at night.( lets call it test and tune).

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
private carparks are still classified as public roads. the same as servo's. i got dicked many years ago for dropping skids in my own servo late at night.( lets call it test and tune).

Yeah I would be really worried about someone doing skids in a servo.

thekid93

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt s pack
if its a manaul, try and clutch kick it? hold brake, rev clutch out and if it starts to die. clutch in and out quick...... lights up for me every time in my 6

])R@G()N

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
Hey guys,

I was just on youtube and ended up checking out various VT SS burnout vids ( think it stemmed from the commodores with chev badges vid posted in another thread).

Anyway, I was wondering how exactly does someone do a burnout in one of these if it's auto?

I think I was told you can't do it in these cars because they have something done with the brake set up which applies more pressure to rear brakes... meaning you can't get on the brake etc.
Or was that just pure bs ?

Not looking to go out and do any, any time soon because I cbf swapping tyres out, but I dont want to have the wrong info.

Cheers

Cheap way is to get a couple small vice greps and put them on the rubber brake line heading to the disks.

Make sure you have some sort of lube under your back tyres before you start one Or you can bend an axle

Mirkz

Reaction score
Members Ride
GSXR1000
So after being in a controlled environment away from public access etc.. blah blah blah.
I attempted a small skid.

Did what was suggested, foot on brake, tried not to do it too hard, but I had to apply a decent amount of pressure because the car kept moving forward (not sure if this isn't supposed to happen :p)
Anyway gave it a whirl..
Engine didn't seem to want to rev higher than about 2k or so. I planted my foot a bit more and still didn't want to rev harder, just kept going at same pace which seemed to be enough to turn a wheel maybe 2 but not sure.
I think something's seriously up with the car. It's definitely not producing the power it should be I'd say. Or it's not putting it down properly.

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
It takes a little bit of balancing on the brake pedal.

Where does it stall up?
You should be able to hold the brakes pretty tight and mash the throttle, if there's no TC on it should over power the brakes.

Try brake standing it :D.
Roll forward a bit, 5 - 10km/h, then jump on the brakes and smash the throttle. It will unweight the rear end and they'll surely spin. Don't do It at macca's on on the street and who cares.

Status
Not open for further replies.