Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[BOGANS] - '00 WH Grange

Dan.

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Grange, VK 5L, VC gramps
Can't remember if I ever put my car up on here but thought I might as well throw it up because I've got a few things coming up to do to it. Its been copping everything that I put it through since August '09 so its about time I do some changes.

It is a '00 HSV Grange - Build #303
Factory Black, but been resprayed in a SAAB colour
Put into the weeds but not low enough
Tint that isn't dark enough
3" exhaust (soon to go)
Other than that, its pretty much stock, on its 5th diff since I bought it, second pair of half shafts, and eleventy millionth pair of rear tyres. And the same freak transmission it rolled out of the factory with.

Oh and the [BOGANS] plates which have been on it since a few weeks after I bought the car - the journo's did say the WH Grange was the bogans luxury car :p

At CFC6, About a week or two after I got it, slammed it straight away and got rid of that crap air ride **** they have standard in the rear, and put the 19s on to replace the shithouse chrome 18s that it came with

C4C5.jpg

grangescarbs.jpg

Then got a set of genuine 18s, thought it looked better, plus the 19s got nicknamed the 'gay pride' rims and the tyres were fried anyway.

grangerims_resize.jpg

So it was all tyre frying fun until I went through a small period of bad luck and put it sideways what would appear to be a median strip (in a controlled, safe, private environment of course).
Then that week while I was on a fencing contract I watched a single mother in a VS wagon in Clarkson reverse straight into the quarter panel of it. So the car looked like it'd been a natives family wagon in the space of a week.
This is the damage after shano (VP55WA) popped it out at his work to make it look less sticker bait - I needed to get around until I could get it all done.

grangedamage.jpg

Then had the quarter repaired (should really have got another quarter stitched on)

grangeprimer.jpg

Then off to the spraypainters had a full respray in a SAAB colour - its very similar to the factory colour, but has a subtle purpley/blue/red fleck through the paint - its different and usually goes unnoticed, its only really apparent under artificial light or at sunrise/sunset.
New paint and proof that it isn't a princess barge - it gets used and abused and she loves it.

grangenewpaint.jpg

Without a licence for another four months so keep your eye out for a few updates on things.

Dan.

ucwepn

America just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Website
www.darkcold.com
Members Ride
WH statesman 5.7
looks good man very tough.

GTS-Replica

Full Members
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V International / VS GTS-R Replica!
Looks tuff not to many granges.

walesy

Aint no family cruiser!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cherry Black WH II Caprice, VS exec wagon
sweet grange man, im a big fan of the standard grange wheels, they look the best i reckon

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
3rd pic.

ABSOLUTE SEX.

Get the stock wheels back on it and keep it clean and tidy.

GothicKidd

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S2 Exec
Great car! very sexy.. I wants :)

Nice Grange. Why so many diff's?

and eleventy millionth pair of rear tyres. And the same freak transmission it rolled out of the factory with.
So it was all tyre frying fun until I went through a small period of bad luck and put it sideways what would appear to be a median strip (in a controlled, safe, private environment of course).
and proof that it isn't a princess barge - it gets used and abused and she loves it.

that should sum it up why so many diffs. :p

Dan.

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Grange, VK 5L, VC gramps
Cheers fellas.
Yeah I did like the grange wheels but I'm going to leave the Madonnas on it for now unless I find something else. Its had about 6-7 different sets of wheels on it not including pursuites haha.
So many diffs? Just bad luck I guess but they all copped a hiding. The first one spat the pinion out the front of the diff, second one was a dodgy repair, third it ended up with way too much backlash and fourth was just because I got tired of it going single spinner, the one it it now isn't too crash hot but I plan to get some 3.9s for it anyway.

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
If it's not your daily drive and you do so many burnouts, why not save yourself the coin and pair the 3.9's with a lokka?