Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Boge Front Strut and Rear Shocks.

BLK SV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Sv6
Hi everyone,
Bought my Sv6 a few months back, it was already lowered and found it to be pritty rough while driving as it bottomed out whenever i had 3 people in it.
So i bought 1 inch lowered king springs front and back and installed them, only to realise my struts and shocks were basically rooted, it ended up having ssl in the front and sl kings in the rear.
Anyway i ended up getting Boge front and rear + new strut bearing and top mounts and installed them today.
It drives like a dream now and still looks pritty smick even tho it isnt as low.

Anywho just thought id let yous know for anyone contemplating gettin the boge setup.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
How many k's on the car ? Just curious as i want to know how long standard shocks last. I've got 150 K on the VE and suspect the shocks are also rooted.
Where did you get your Boge's from ?

BLK SV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Sv6
i have 82k on the clock mate but im thinking they were damaged from being lowered with stock shocks mate.
My mechanic mate got it from his wholesaler here in penrith somewhere.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
maybe damaged by lowering but I reckon standard shocks would be rooted by 100 K no matter what. Lots of people are driving round on nackered shocks cos they are so used to the bad ride they don't even realise its a problem.
Boge are said to have a lifetime warranty so you should be right for a while now. I've been thinking of sticking a set in the VE.

glenn l

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve sv6
maybe damaged by lowering but I reckon standard shocks would be rooted by 100 K no matter what. Lots of people are driving round on nackered shocks cos they are so used to the bad ride they don't even realise its a problem.
Boge are said to have a lifetime warranty so you should be right for a while now. I've been thinking of sticking a set in the VE.

thats the most sensable thing ive herd on strut/shock life, yeah shocks are realy only good for 80,000-120,000kms, even if there not leaking the valving goes off and the shocks dont control correctly any more, but because it wears so slightly you dont notice it until there stuffed. we have been using boge for 4 years now and have had no warranty problems with them, there a great unit and i highly recomend them.

BLK SV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Sv6
Yeah thats probably true mate, its definately worth doing probably the best money ive spent feels like a new car.