Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Bonnet alignment

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Is it possible to adjust the gaps in the bonnet to guards? Mine needs to shift about 3mm towards the drivers side. Trouble is when I tried it last the bonnet jammed and it was a bastard to get back open.

richrever

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs S2 V6 5,Speed Ute
Hi Losh JKR. Richrever01 here.
I to have a problem with aligning my bonnet and it jamming closed. Ive just replaced it. One side at the front is lower than the guard and its slightly sqoowiff. The hood pin for the latch i think can be adjusted up and down which probley will fix the jaming but not before i fix the alignment. I only fitted it this arvo and havent really done anything about it yet but if you have some advise im much like dumbo... all ears. Thanks for your imput on earlier posts.
Rich

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Hi Losh JKR. Richrever01 here.
I to have a problem with aligning my bonnet and it jamming closed. Ive just replaced it. One side at the front is lower than the guard and its slightly sqoowiff. The hood pin for the latch i think can be adjusted up and down which probley will fix the jaming but not before i fix the alignment. I only fitted it this arvo and havent really done anything about it yet but if you have some advise im much like dumbo... all ears. Thanks for your imput on earlier posts.
Rich
Nothing yet, I have been told to move the guards but that may upset the guard to bar cover alignment, down low. I'd rather try to shift the bonnet spring catch but I don't know if it has any sideways movement. I don't want to risk jamming the bonnet as I did once before, so haven't tried anything yet. I may not even look at it for a while yet, as I have to get my bar cover painted. Then I have to find the time to remove the bull bar, bar cover and anything else I find that's damaged in behind there.

richrever

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs S2 V6 5,Speed Ute
Bull bar ? I dont know whats more shocking? The fact you have a bull bar or you got damage behind it !!?

Mikecaprice

Reaction score
Members Ride
vq caprice v8 vq v8 vs ss man
Yeah a just the bonnet over then back off the latch for it less than finger tight open and close it not all the way but enough to move the pin where it needs to be clean the pin and hole and wipe a thin layer of grease on the hole to work out where it's touching if need be the pin has about 15 mm or more travel in every direction from center

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Bull bar ? I dont know whats more shocking? The fact you have a bull bar or you got damage behind it !!?

It was already damaged behind before I bought it. I have been slowly replacing all the damaged parts over the last couple of years. I have never taken the bar cover off to see if there is anything else damaged. I fitted the BB myself a couple of years ago.

richrever

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs S2 V6 5,Speed Ute
Yeah a just the bonnet over then back off the latch for it less than finger tight open and close it not all the way but enough to move the pin where it needs to be clean the pin and hole and wipe a thin layer of grease on the hole to work out where it's touching if need be the pin has about 15 mm or more travel in every direction from center

richrever

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs S2 V6 5,Speed Ute
It was already damaged behind before I bought it. I have been slowly replacing all the damaged parts over the last couple of years. I have never taken the bar cover off to see if there is anything else damaged. I fitted the BB myself a couple of years ago.