Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Bonnet height adjustment

tezza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS
Hi just wondering if anyone can help. Im trying to adjust my bonnet as on the passenger side back, it sits a little lower than the guard and at the front on the passenger side, it sticks above the guard.

The driver side is mostly ok. From what I can gather, the one silver bolt is used to hold the bonnet in place mainly. The top two bolts adjust it back and forward and do the bottom two bolts on the hinge allow for slight up and down movement?

Ive attached a pic of the bonnet hinge. Which bolts do what adjustment?

IMG_0979Large.jpg

justbad4you

IF YOR NOT A HOLDEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VT BERLINA/ 98 VS SIII MALOO (RED) LX SLR5000
there should b 2 bolts that conect the bonnet to the hing, slak these of and move the bonnet a bit in desired direction, then tighten up and check the gap,
repeat the steps of slakn off and adjust till u get desirend gapping

this is a pic off a vs hinge, it would b most likly the same because 99% all cars bonnets are like this (2 bolts to adjust), there is also to bolts in the leaf catcher area but these are bearly use 2 adjust
Hi just wondering if anyone can help. Im trying to adjust my bonnet as on the passenger side back, it sits a little lower than the guard and at the front on the passenger side, it sticks above the guard.

The driver side is mostly ok. From what I can gather, the one silver bolt is used to hold the bonnet in place mainly. The top two bolts adjust it back and forward and do the bottom two bolts on the hinge allow for slight up and down movement?

Ive attached a pic of the bonnet hinge. Which bolts do what adjustment?

IMG_0979Large.jpg

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
If the bonnet is sittling low at the back the hinge is bent. They get dry and stick and bit by bit they bend until it smashes the window in the corner. Seen it many times.

Replace the hing (about $20) before its too late.....

tezza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS
I got a quote from Holden and they wanted $112 for the complete hinge! Anyone bought one cheaper new?

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
I paid $22 a few years ago. $112 just cant be right.....