Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Bonnet Holes and The Law

cuttinglaps

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 S2 VX CLUBSPORT
Just finished fitting a top mount charger to my car, not really keen on putting a bulge in the bonnet...
the car is a VX Clubby and i really think a nicely finished hole in the bonnet for it to stick through would look alot nicer then other options... my question is what are the legal implications ( not that it would stop me) of doing this... i'm from Melbourne Victoria i assume the laws are different from state to state and i'm sure there would be loop holes that can be played on ...

suggestions anyone ? thanks in advance !

2DIE

ONEDOLLAHOLLA
Reaction score
Website
www.torn.com
Members Ride
97 Acclaim
Pretty sure you cant cut though any of the structural part without re-enforcing in other parts (around the hole I guess) but then you would need a engineers certificate anyway.

T-rex

Reaction score
Members Ride
4 Banger Hilux
With the edge of the hole I think you can just put a rubber liner on it, Ive seen it done with a lot of cars that have protruding filters.

Hangman

Aspiring Sociopath
Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Land Yacht
With the edge of the hole I think you can just put a rubber liner on it, Ive seen it done with a lot of cars that have protruding filters.

Pinchweld. Clark rubber has it

cuttinglaps

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 S2 VX CLUBSPORT
Yeah that was the plan cutting a nice neat hole getting some pinch weld for around the edges ... Then maby making up a pulley skeleton cover for the charger so you can't touch any moving parts ... Besides removing bonnet ribs I can't see the issue if you fiberglass in reinforcing around the hole to make up for the missing structure ...