Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

bonnet jammed half open.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS 6 Litre, VZ SV6
Alright guys, here's the problem: I was fitting a new steering wheel in my VR 3.8 auto. Naturally, I pulled the bonnet open, removed the fusebox cover, and pulled the horn fuse. Later that night, in the dark, I noticed it was about to rain, so I went to close the bonnet. Some idiot tried to slam it shut, didn't he? Fuse box cover is sitting on the coolant bottle, and props that side of the bonnet up. Somehow, the bonnet still locked. So it's closed on the right, open on the left. I can't get to the bonnet pin, because the trans cooler and the thermo fan are in the way. Does anyone have any idea on how to open the bonnet? Or even to get the fusebox cover out so I can close it?

mickVS84

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Hey mate I've done the same thing before, what you need to do is get a mate to gently push down on the bonnet while you pull the leaver inside. Pushing down on the bonnet releases tension on the latch mechanism. If you don't have a leaver inside then you might have to jack car up and try to reach up and grab it while a mate slightly pulls bonnet up on the raised side. Hope this helps mate