Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Bonnet on VQ stato

dabstato

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VQ Statesman
I noticed my bonnet hinges were starting to go on the weekend by the fact that I cracked my window.. damn.. but since I needed to drive the car I have closed the bonnet. But now I cant open it. Can anyone tell me how to get it open? Also do Holden still sell new bonnet hinges and what cost am I looking at?

Also what are the chances of both back electric windows not working.. I have tried to connect them direct to the battery and nothing. Could it be the motor or do they have a regulator and if so are these known for going. Could it be the Power window module and do the motors need to be connected to this for them to work?

Cheers,
Stu

hi_ryder

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais ls1, vp berlina 3.8L
i wouldnt bother chasing new ones. the hinges on my vp were shot too, i scored a mint set from the wreckers. all you have to do is open bonnets on the donor cars and rock it up and down side to side, check for play. im pretty sure vr/vs ones are the same too. theres plenty of cars out there that havent had the bonnet open too many times just a matter of finding them (at the chop yard).

for the back windows, its pretty common for them to get stuck (from not being used). you might try having someone hold the switch down while you grab the window with you palms and force it down a little, just enough to get it unstuck. my vp calais had one stuck when i bought it, and i fixed it this way.