Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Bonnet rasing/ cutting

VNV6VENGEANCE

VeNgeance
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Turbo
I have recently put a SC14 supercharger (CRS kit) onto my vn v6, it sits a little high and touches my bonnet. If i slam my bonnet shut i need another persons help to get it open again as it locks down because of the supercharger. Any suggestions people?. I have undone the four bolts and tried to move the bonnet up a little bit but it doesn't make much difference. It is actually the skeleton frame on the underside that is touching. I don't want to **** my bonnet up so its defectable though the charger already makes it illegal.

VNV6VENGEANCE

VeNgeance
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Turbo
There must b a panel beater who knows how to fix this. I will have to pay one of them n e way if i can't find how to do it myself. c'mon ppl

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
Why out of the thousands of people Aus wide with a sc14, does your's not fit under the bonnet......

Cheers
MaT

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
Have you backed the bonnet spring off just a little?
Undoo the locknut. Use a scewdiver to loosen the spring bolt. do the locknut up. Should gain a little room.

commy92

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP WAGON V6
im guessing you made the brackets again.. Maybe you will have to remake one so that it sits lower

FXST01

The Grey Man
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP V6 Exec
Can you panel beat the frame where its touching?

CSL

Reaction score
Members Ride
missus (in more ways than one)
grind off as much of the lobes as possible without taking metal away from the brackets.
if worse comes to worse, cleanly angle cut/grind off the complete lobes, tig weld them onto your outlet s/c, intake pipe and make a shorter bracket from there

commy92

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP WAGON V6
just but like an xr8 hump on there. and chop the bonnet away or something if you have to. But i think ide rather re-make the hinges to make it sit down more

VNV6VENGEANCE

VeNgeance
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Turbo
The setup is a full crs kit so **** knows why it don't wanna sit down. I will angle grind the frame today to try and make it fit. have already adjusted the spring not much happened