Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Bonnet release cable snapped how do i open the bonnet

NeilB

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Caprice
If you can get in tight at the front you might be able to do something from in front of the Radiator. I mean you might be able to get a screwdriver up there and release it or something. If your in the NRMA or your states equivlant give them a ring.

MBS206

Reaction score
Last time I did that, had to do it on the ex's parents VT which had flat battery (car was full dead locked)

Managed to get up inside from under the car and pulled the release with a screw driver.

A

AdamIan69

I did the same thing on my VN, i just reached up from under the car, and pulled on the cable from in front of the radiator.

gc08wgn

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vs 5ltr statesman wagon vs 5ltr caprice
big bladed screw driver and unscrew the bonnet peg but b4 you do that just pull kick panel off and check if you haven't just broken the handle for the release plastic usually brakes b4 metal

vn_v6

Blumpkin
Reaction score
Members Ride
87 vl limited edition
a brick, and a good throwing hand, pick cheapest window (not windscreen :) )

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
a brick, and a good throwing hand, pick cheapest window (not windscreen :) )

I didnt know the bonnet had windows and a windscreen.Must be so you can see the engine from the outside.You learn something new every day.