Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Bonnet scoop heights

Fusion

Awww I bent my wookie !
Reaction score
Members Ride
1982 VH SL/X, 1997 SII Calais .
Does anyone know how high a scoop can be in Victoria ? I was hoping to bolt on a shotgun scoop to my VB . In Vic can i have a hole in the bonnet also ??? Thanks in advance :)

vh2nv

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH Commodore
by a hole do you mean so you can raise the air cleaner?

Fusion

Awww I bent my wookie !
Reaction score
Members Ride
by a hole do you mean so you can raise the air cleaner?

Yeah so the shotgun scoop can sit out through the bonnet .

vh2nv

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH Commodore
im sure its fine if you do it after you get the car registered because ive got a vh with my air cleaner raised with 3 guages on the bonnet and the only time i get picked on is wen the jacks want to admire it

Fusion

Awww I bent my wookie !
Reaction score
Members Ride
im sure its fine if you do it after you get the car registered because ive got a vh with my air cleaner raised with 3 guages on the bonnet and the only time i get picked on is wen the jacks want to admire it

Was thinking that too. get it done after it's on the road . I think the Shotgun scoop will look awesome on my vb :yeah: .

92511907-2_L.jpg

vh2nv

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH Commodore
where bouts you from in vic man is yours carbi or injected

Fusion

Awww I bent my wookie !
Reaction score
Members Ride
I'm in Colac sth west vic . It's a carby black 308 . Standard cylinders and heads but a few goodies inside it as well . Will be running a quadrajet as well . I'm a little old school as well and running with the aussie 4 speed and 10 bolt Salisbury diff . Car is still a shell at the moment . going to the panel beaters after easter . Going with the new ford green " dash " .

alien

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
In VSI 8 (available here: http://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/NR/rdonlyres/CC48FC10-4D57-4F04-82E1-3BD72EF88340/0/VSI8.pdf ). Or if that link doesn't work, look for No 8 publication in this list (i think it's got one under Modifications): Vehicle standards information : VicRoads

Points 14, 15 and 16 in VSI 8 states all you need to know about bonnet stuff. There is a measuremement a testing officer of a police officer can use to see if it blocks too much of the road view, but i can't find thta document atm.

Fusion

Awww I bent my wookie !
Reaction score
Members Ride
In VSI 8 (available here: http://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/NR/rdonlyres/CC48FC10-4D57-4F04-82E1-3BD72EF88340/0/VSI8.pdf ). Or if that link doesn't work, look for No 8 publication in this list (i think it's got one under Modifications): Vehicle standards information : VicRoads

Points 14, 15 and 16 in VSI 8 states all you need to know about bonnet stuff. There is a measuremement a testing officer of a police officer can use to see if it blocks too much of the road view, but i can't find thta document atm.

Thanks mate . Much appreciated :thumbsup: