Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

bonnet

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
its from savage fibreglass, they dont do too bad of a job, my monaro style bonnet on my vt looks great

I got my Monaro bonnet from Mike Savage for my VS. Its a great job, excellent quality, perfect fit, cant fault it. Unfortunately, its not ADR compliant though. I hope he works on this, if he gets his stuff to meet ADRs I will definitely deal with him again.

slow vs

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ssv ute
fairly sure its Fabtecs Ve street legal bonnet its fiber glass over an original steel bonnet and those are vents up near the windscreen

commoVT

Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 VT
I got my Monaro bonnet from Mike Savage for my VS. Its a great job, excellent quality, perfect fit, cant fault it. Unfortunately, its not ADR compliant though. I hope he works on this, if he gets his stuff to meet ADRs I will definitely deal with him again.

correct me if i'm wrong, but i think he may do ADR compliant ones now, the insurance for it just gets thrown out the door though

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
not sure about that Ari.. i know blitz are ADR compliant and I wouldnt think they have crashed tested too many cars either. Maybe theres an alternative process? Engineering reports or something?

I'm going to contact Mike Savage in the next few days, if he now has ADR compliance he might be able to send me a sticker lol

Commo, what do you mean about the insurance?

commoVT

Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 VT
not sure about that Ari.. i know blitz are ADR compliant and I wouldnt think they have crashed tested too many cars either. Maybe theres an alternative process? Engineering reports or something?

I'm going to contact Mike Savage in the next few days, if he now has ADR compliance he might be able to send me a sticker lol

Commo, what do you mean about the insurance?

About the insurance. I have a fibreglass bonnet on my vt, and when you get insurance for the car they explain to you that the bonnet is not covered

commoVT

Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 VT
LOL!! so he has done a few front end crash tests hey? nice. doesnt really seem comercially viable since each crash test would be around 2-3k and you have to smash a car...

i dont know, he might have, its a growing business. And as i said "correct me if i'm wrong", so in saying that, im basically telling you that i havn't done my research on it, although i have purchased one of these bonnets, and i THINK that they may be ADR compliant.
I am happy to be corrected by someone who has done the research.

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
as far as i know, ADR 69 (frontal occupant protection) is covered with a series of crash tests. because the bonnet is part of the frontal crumple zones, then itll need to pass a series of crashes to ensure that no part projects out and threatens the occupants (i.e. its not gonna come off and cut your head off, or one of the skeletal bars punches through your face)
5. REQUIREMENTS

5.1. Impact Velocity

The vehicle must be impacted at 48 km/h, into a fixed collision barrier that is perpendicular to the line of travel of the vehicle.

all cars as of the 1st of july 1995 need to comply with ADR 69. if they have found a way around that, then thats pretty cool. i just have my doubts.

naf33n

go
Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VU SS
remember guys there is a difference between ADR compliant and ADR approved.

just cause its compliant doesnt mean it has been approved and is legal to use, its just built within the rules