Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Booked in for a tune - SV6 SIDI :)

SV6SIDI

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV REDLINE, FG XR6 TURBO
Glad i could helpp :) . Let us know how much harder it goes wit the chip haha .i wasnt sure at first wether it seemed like a good idea because of the price but if good gains are shown with ur car i will be giving them my car sometime soon.

SV666

The Commodore Enthusiast
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS EXEC SII
After a fantastic user on here "SV6SIDI" had posted a link to Powerchip I have decided to call them and discuss their package terms and such.

The car will be on the dyno before and after with printouts supplied. The engine itself will go from 210 to 226kw without any headers/intake etc. So really unlocking it to it's original state before the detuning.

Might as well be the first one, I am booked in tomorrow :)

Will post up results.

Fantastic mate! Can't wait to see the new and improved! Couldn't wait for the yanks to decide to get that software over here to re-tune our cars to what they have? I was going to suggest in the other thread would it be a good idea to get Walkinshaw involved as in getting them to be the supplier over here since they specify in Holdens? From my understanding warranties wont be subjected to voids with the agreement Walky and Holden have (correct me if I'm wrong). But will this tune void the warranty at all?

Last edited:

SV6SidiUTE

Vroom?
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 SV6 Sidi Ute
Nah not really. I've had a few emails sent to and from Trifecta, and decided that I might as well get the Powerchip tune. I am sure that eventually either VCM will bring one out or Trifecta will find a reseller (maybe someone like Walkinshaw as you say), but it will be a long while before that happens. In the meantime this IS available and it's a fair enough result, so why not.

As for warranty, yes it does affect it. The main reason I have decided to go ahead with it so quickly and regardless of whether or not it affects Holden warranty, is because Powerchip offers 3 year warranty on their programming (PowerchipGold98). Meaning, that if any damage results from their program to your engine, it IS covered by them. This came out of their mouth "if we were to install the program and you find it that your engine blows or whatever, we will buy you a new engine". The rest of the warranty is unaffected (i.e body, suspension, exhaust, etc.etc.) SO all in all, you're covered. It can be removed if you wish so at a later point as well, but apaprently there isn't even a need as the chances of it being picked up by "tech2" are next to none.

SV6SIDI

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV REDLINE, FG XR6 TURBO
Im pretty keen on seeing the result of the powerchip lol btw if u dont mind me asking how much kms has ur ute done? and what exhaust should i get on my sidi sv6 its a sedan with about 10,000 . Id prolly get beaten by a xr6 fg so im in the same boat as u atm lol lookin for more powerrrrrrr

SV6SidiUTE

Vroom?
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 SV6 Sidi Ute
im on 11500, apparently you won't get beaten by the xr6, the sidi 3.6 is a touch quicker although insignificantly. as for the exhaust, they are saying it should be left as it is considering that it is 2.25 inch (recommended size for optima performance) and it IS stainless steel. What you could do though is remove your mufflers and get straight through design quads for at least a better note. Extractors, there are some people saying that older 08/09 ve sv6 will fit, and others are saying they won't. I rang the manufacturers and all said they are working on some and should all have them by the end of the year.... That would be the next step i'd say.

Thanks for that post on powerchip by the way :) I was on their site a while ago and couldn't find anything for the sidi, and if you hadn't mentioned it I wouldn't have even rang them :) . Cheers.

Anyhow, will give you all an update tomorrow, im off for the night.

geo41e

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SS V
btw

side note

l'm startin to see a heapppp of p platers drivin VEs...and it looks like they are drivin the SV6...??

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
Sounds a lot for a growler kit. Would have thought 8 to 10 at best. Even so, a gain is a gain and 50 to 60 bucks per Kw aint bad. As for extractors, you could get a custom set knocked up if you can't get them off the shelf - would cost you though. Definitely leave the pipes as is until you get significantly more HP going (like a snail big enough to swallow a cat!) but a set of straight through mufflers will free it up a touch as sv6sidiute said.