Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Booked in for a tune - SV6 SIDI :)

monaro327

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Skaife Senator & VY SS UTE
it's not really unlocking the sidi to it's original power as powerchip claim it will make 226kw on their 98ron only tune. the camaro makes 224kw on 92ron fuel. for 98ron i'd be expecting a 235ish kw gain at the flywheel.

bbb

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Sv6 Wagon
btw

side note

l'm startin to see a heapppp of p platers drivin VEs...and it looks like they are drivin the SV6...??

lol no one seems to be worried about debt!! MOST P platers still live at home = no rent, with a good job.
You can pick up a VE for a good price and alot of power under the foot (compared to the old days) and they are legal for P platers(no turbo) so yep i agree alot around with P's on them!! ahhh to be young,with no morgage would be great!! :) lol

bbb

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Sv6 Wagon
Would this tune increase fuel usage??( i know the more power the more the right foot gets heavier) but just day to day driving be great if fuel numbers kept the same but had a bit more under the foot for fun times

VTSS350

Blown VT LS1 450rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
VTLS1
it's not really unlocking the sidi to it's original power as powerchip claim it will make 226kw on their 98ron only tune. the camaro makes 224kw on 92ron fuel. for 98ron i'd be expecting a 235ish kw gain at the flywheel.

Exactly. I dont believe powerchip are doing the tune properly.

I had my LS1 tuned at Sams Performace in Padstow and it took 4-5 hours on the dyno to get it right. It was a tune specificily for my car not just a generic tune chucked in.

It would be interesting to get a base line power reading on 91ron fuel and then drain the tank and run it up on 98ron. I recon you would almost pick up 10kw there.

Lets wait and see!

SV6SidiUTE

Vroom?
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 SV6 Sidi Ute
hmmmm,

left my car there this morning, got a merc 4wd for a lease car.... they couldn't get me a rental so the dude gave me his car. I saw the dyno sheets of other cars there while I was waiting for the "lease" car... they seem a bit too low...... they are saying a ve 195 alloytech at the wheels only makes less than 120kw... and 300kw vt 5.2 sii makes around 150....when i asked him about where the dyno is done, he said a place in sunshine, when asked why that far from where they are his answer was "they are just about the only place that gives a consistent reading, if you have 3 runs they will all read the same" so for comparisson purposes of results, they use that workshop. I am curious what the initial dyno readout will say... might have to take it elsewhere for a dyno, as those figures don't seem right.... or do they?

SV6SIDI

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV REDLINE, FG XR6 TURBO
that does sound a bit low......I would have thought a stock 195 alloytec would be around 140-150 rwkw mark. Oh well guess u will have to wait and see how much your car pulls out on the dyno . Did they say when you will be getting your car back ?

VTSS350

Blown VT LS1 450rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
VTLS1
hmmmm,

left my car there this morning, got a merc 4wd for a lease car.... they couldn't get me a rental so the dude gave me his car. I saw the dyno sheets of other cars there while I was waiting for the "lease" car... they seem a bit too low...... they are saying a ve 195 alloytech at the wheels only makes less than 120kw... and 300kw vt 5.2 sii makes around 150....when i asked him about where the dyno is done, he said a place in sunshine, when asked why that far from where they are his answer was "they are just about the only place that gives a consistent reading, if you have 3 runs they will all read the same" so for comparisson purposes of results, they use that workshop. I am curious what the initial dyno readout will say... might have to take it elsewhere for a dyno, as those figures don't seem right.... or do they?

My VT SS LS1 made 197 rwkw without any mods. I then put a CAI, extractors and exhuast on and made 220 rwkw.

Yes 120 sounds a bit low, but it depends on how the dyno is set up. As long as the dyno gives consistant readings it should be fine. That is assuming they actually use a dyno.

I have a feeling that will just flash a generic tune in and give you dyno sheets from the origional car the tune was made for.

I was reading there website and they say 210kw to 226kw with a tune and 98ron. It would make that extra 16kws just on 98ron almost.

SV6SidiUTE

Vroom?
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 SV6 Sidi Ute
My VT SS LS1 made 197 rwkw without any mods. I then put a CAI, extractors and exhuast on and made 220 rwkw.

Yes 120 sounds a bit low, but it depends on how the dyno is set up. As long as the dyno gives consistant readings it should be fine. That is assuming they actually use a dyno.

I have a feeling that will just flash a generic tune in and give you dyno sheets from the origional car the tune was made for.

I was reading there website and they say 210kw to 226kw with a tune and 98ron. It would make that extra 16kws just on 98ron almost.

nah something wasn't right with their dyno data sheets. I got the car, well.... honestly.... improvement of 7rwkw only... from 160 to 167.7 I got the dyno sheet for my car as well, I'll post it up when i find the camera. However, they think a bigger gain can be made from headers, so got in contact with Di Fillipo, and they will be happy to take a look at the car and give their opinion. Can't really notice it much, seems a bit more responsive to throttle though, but i think that might be because i have spent a day driving around in their Merc 4wd that goes nowhere :).
They did however mention they would retune it if i go ahead with the headers..... so .. first sidi alloytec has been tuned. Worth it? Hmmm...can't tell yet. I'll give it a bit of a hammering and run with the g-tech one of these days.

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
Sorry to hear it wasn't a more dramatic improvement. I know hopes were high. I think its a good move to go for headers - cats too of possible. Should make for a decent improvement and if they're going to retune it for you then it's worth a shot. At least until something comes out from vcm suite.

SV666

The Commodore Enthusiast
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS EXEC SII
Agreed, I think a lot of us here had some high hopes with this break through tune up. But the engine is still very new patients is the key here, sv6 sidi has a lot of potential its detuned engine is the only thing holding it back atm i reckon, the sooner that software hits our shores the faster we can benefit from it and also the performance parts that will come along in a more generic form..

SV6SidiUTE, mate i hoped originally this would of been the better option but at least you went out and gave it a go.