Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Booked in for a tune - SV6 SIDI :)

PaulSV6

CHE Tuned 156.8rwkw
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 M6, MY10 VE SV6 Sportswagon & MY03 XC SRI
After a fantastic user on here "SV6SIDI" had posted a link to Powerchip I have decided to call them and discuss their package terms and such.

The car will be on the dyno before and after with printouts supplied. The engine itself will go from 210 to 226kw without any headers/intake etc. So really unlocking it to it's original state before the detuning.

Might as well be the first one, I am booked in tomorrow :)

Will post up results.

Will be interesting to see what the results will be.

bbb

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Sv6 Wagon
Will be interesting to see what the results will be.

Read comment #28........

nah something wasn't right with their dyno data sheets. I got the car, well.... honestly.... improvement of 7rwkw only... from 160 to 167.7 I got the dyno sheet for my car as well, I'll post it up when i find the camera. However, they think a bigger gain can be made from headers, so got in contact with Di Fillipo, and they will be happy to take a look at the car and give their opinion. Can't really notice it much, seems a bit more responsive to throttle though, but i think that might be because i have spent a day driving around in their Merc 4wd that goes nowhere .
They did however mention they would retune it if i go ahead with the headers..... so .. first sidi alloytec has been tuned. Worth it? Hmmm...can't tell yet. I'll give it a bit of a hammering and run with the g-tech one of these days.

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
even the early vn-vs tunes from powerchip were never that great sucked fuel and made minimal gains will just be a generic tune they put in every car they do like the old days

PaulSV6

CHE Tuned 156.8rwkw
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 M6, MY10 VE SV6 Sportswagon & MY03 XC SRI
Read comment #28........

nah something wasn't right with their dyno data sheets. I got the car, well.... honestly.... improvement of 7rwkw only... from 160 to 167.7 I got the dyno sheet for my car as well, I'll post it up when i find the camera. However, they think a bigger gain can be made from headers, so got in contact with Di Fillipo, and they will be happy to take a look at the car and give their opinion. Can't really notice it much, seems a bit more responsive to throttle though, but i think that might be because i have spent a day driving around in their Merc 4wd that goes nowhere .
They did however mention they would retune it if i go ahead with the headers..... so .. first sidi alloytec has been tuned. Worth it? Hmmm...can't tell yet. I'll give it a bit of a hammering and run with the g-tech one of these days.

Thanx mate

SV6SidiUTE

Vroom?
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 SV6 Sidi Ute
Got that dyno sheet for ya....

Dyno-web.jpg

SV6SIDI

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV REDLINE, FG XR6 TURBO
hey SV6SidiUTE you recommended getting straight through quads just wondering if theses were the mufflers u were refering to ..they seem good for the price.
AUTOTECNICA

SV666

The Commodore Enthusiast
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS EXEC SII
hey SV6SidiUTE you recommended getting straight through quads just wondering if theses were the mufflers u were refering to ..they seem good for the price.
AUTOTECNICA

Basically the same tips there mate, but here's the actual seller he went through

EXHAUST VE SS SSV HSV CALAIS BERL DIFF BACK SED - eBay Mufflers, Exhausts, Car Parts, Accessories, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 20-May-10 17:30:53 AEST)

There's even sound clips on the listing there that demonstrates both the stock 6 exhaust and one fitted with the quads on. Hope this helps.

SV6SidiUTE

Vroom?
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 SV6 Sidi Ute
just an update:

I went past Di Filippo's workshop in Melton this morning, he done a decent deal for me to develop the headers for the sidi.
I will need to fit a new mid section exhaust though as apparently I will be needing a new cat for the new headers. I will be doing this in a couple of weeks while I'm away and won't be needing the car for those two weeks it takes them to develop a system. He is expecting at least 15rwkw from new work... how well this goes, i suppose i will just wait and see... I will be sad to see the original exhaust go, but if it means more pwoer then hell let it be. He mentioned that they are very restricted in the bay, so he recommended going past GM Motorsports around the corner from him. I spoke to them in regards to the cold air intake, and they said it was something they were already contemplating. Possibility of an OTR maffless system, depending whether or not they will be able to tune the ECU to work with the system.

So the exhaust system I am going for and the cold air intake I am not sure about, as the original price was fairly high, but includes the tune as well (1500). Just depends on what info GM Motorsports comes back with and whether or not they can do a good deal.

Will keep you updated.

OH and SV6SIDI: yeah as above post says. On their ebay page you'll find a link to my muffler recording http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FUEIPQiKNg

VTSS350

Blown VT LS1 450rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
VTLS1
I just fitted a CAI to my SV6 SIDI. I got hold of a VE air hammer kit and then modifiyed it to fit the SIDI.

The origional air box setup is very restrictive.

I can notice a difference with the CAI fitted. Initial throttle response is better and it sounds heaps better at WOT.

SV666

The Commodore Enthusiast
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS EXEC SII
Exciting news! hopefully this could serve as the first option to the sidi boys to have some upgrades for there rides. SV6SidiUTE, all i can say is all the best for this. Hope this proves dividends.