Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Boost and Tune.....

YMY-70Y

Need more powwwaaahhh
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY sII S and VT sII S
Hey guys,

In the next couple of weeks I'm looking to purchase your CAI, 1.98 rockers and a smaller pulley. I just wanna know a couple things....

*Can your CAI be made to suit a 4in intake and can I buy it without the air filter?
* I live in Canberra, so its not humid here, and I wanna know what size I can run uncooled and can you supply a tune/memcal to make it all work and run together with no knocks etc. I'm thinking 12/13 psi?
*can a bigger TB be added and tuned via the memcal and would it need a bigger maf or will the stock one work?

cheers

Judd

Last edited:

MACE

Reaction score
Hey Judd,

Thanks for your inquiry

In regards to your questions/statements

"In the next couple of weeks I'm looking to purchase your CAI, 1.98 rockers and a smaller pulley. I just wanna know a couple things...."
Given you have a super 6 with proposed bolt on mods (excluding intercooler) I would stick with the 1.9's

"*Can your CAI be made to suit a 4in intake and can I buy it without the air filter?"
The intake hole can easily be opened up to support a 4" intake. You can purchase out kit without the filter.

"* I live in Canberra, so its not humid here, and I wanna know what size I can run uncooled and can you supply a tune/memcal to make it all work and run together with no knocks etc. I'm thinking 12/13 psi?"
Can only go a 10psi upgrade at the moment with our mail order tunes at the moment

*can a bigger TB be added and tuned via the memcal and would it need a bigger maf or will the stock one work?
Bigger TB yes, bigger MAF would require a custom tune

Hope this helps

If you have any more questions please don't hesitate to ask

Cheers,
Steve

YMY-70Y

Need more powwwaaahhh
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY sII S and VT sII S
Thanks Steve.

What do your mail order tunes do, just air fuel mixture?

I'm guessing there is no real gains in a standard maf with larger TB?

what other options are available in the tuning side of things?

Really I'm trying to do the most I can with around the $2000 mark. I like what you guys offer and have only heard good things.

MACE

Reaction score
"What do your mail order tunes do, just air fuel mixture?"
They alter a number of areas including trans setting etc

"I'm guessing there is no real gains in a standard maf with larger TB?"
There is, as the throttle body still poses a restriction to the blower

"what other options are available in the tuning side of things?"
There are a number of options, I suppose it depends on what you're trying to achieve

"Really I'm trying to do the most I can with around the $2000 mark. I like what you guys offer and have only heard good things"
If you stick with bolt on mods (without an intercooler) that will be plenty and will definitely be able to include a cat back exhaust for that price etc.

If you have any more questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Cheers,
Steve

YMY-70Y

Need more powwwaaahhh
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY sII S and VT sII S
Thanks for the constant replies steve.

"They alter a number of areas including trans setting
etc"
will this be affected in the future if a shift kit is installed??

I'm trying to achieve power and drivabillity without having to do the same things a few times.
I primarily bought tthe car as a toy to tinker around with, somethin I can keep playing with. I would also like to enter some local hill climbs etc.

I guess I'm sorta asking for your input, you guys know your **** and I'm still learning. I will have roughly 2g to throw into some parts....

MACE

Reaction score
Thanks for the constant replies steve.

"They alter a number of areas including trans setting
etc"
will this be affected in the future if a shift kit is installed??

It will

"I'm trying to achieve power and drivabillity without having to do the same things a few times."
Completely understandable

"I primarily bought tthe car as a toy to tinker around with, somethin I can keep playing with. I would also like to enter some local hill climbs etc."
Nice :D At the very least then you probably want to invest in a huge trans cooler

"I guess I'm sorta asking for your input, you guys know your **** and I'm still learning. I will have roughly 2g to throw into some parts...."
It will legitimately get you far with an L67, the 2K that is

If you have any more questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Cheers,
Steve

YMY-70Y

Need more powwwaaahhh
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY sII S and VT sII S
why are you onlin at 4.30...... committed lol

Thanks so much for your help Steve, ill be in contact to order parts end of this week or next week hopefully.
Would I be best calling you guys or get in contact here to talk business?

MACE

Reaction score
why are you onlin at 4.30...... committed lol

Thanks so much for your help Steve, ill be in contact to order parts end of this week or next week hopefully.
Would I be best calling you guys or get in contact here to talk business?
Yeah we're pretty busy at the moment

As for placing an order or asking additional questions, what ever is easiest for you

Cheers,
Steve