Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

boost issues with crs supercharger

cozer

Cozer
Reaction score
Members Ride
vn v6
just wana know if anyone has a crs supercharger on a v6 with the 8-10psi pulley??? as i have bought this charger second hand with the pulley and have hook up a boost gauge to be pissed off with the 6psi it showed...has anyone seen or have any info of one pulling 10psi...can any one help???

Wesleyrpg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Toyota Supra Turbo
umm, those chargers blow up at 10psi! don't use more than about 6psi, if you want the charger to last.

Reaction score
Members Ride
falcon
i love the way they say they 3-4 psi with clutch on and yet some ppl think they pull 6psi with normal pully and really its 2-3 psi
do you have a pic of the pully setup?
does it run clutch or no clutch?

cozer

Cozer
Reaction score
Members Ride
vn v6
daron. said:
i love the way they say they 3-4 psi with clutch on and yet some ppl think they pull 6psi with normal pully and really its 2-3 psi
do you have a pic of the pully setup?
does it run clutch or no clutch?

yeah it doesnt run a clutch and i no wat i am doing its meant to be a 8-10psi pulley as stated on crs website!!! im asking if someone has seen it put that out..

Reaction score
Members Ride
falcon
im pretty sure 10 is bit to much for the little charger
is it intercooled?
i hear 9psi makes coating come off rotors
i wouldnt put mine up that high

VN_Luke

ƃuoɹʍ ʇsnɾ sı sıɥʇ
Reaction score
Members Ride
Get in the ute
in the colder weather mine's been on about 8psi at WOT, 4,000rpm and it's the smaller pulley from crs (supposed to be 6psi).

I don't know if the charger would "blow up" if you take it to big boost, i just think that it's life would be shortened due to excessive heat on all bearings etc in the charger from spinning so fast.

Luke.

cozer

Cozer
Reaction score
Members Ride
vn v6
VP_Luke said:
in the colder weather mine's been on about 8psi at WOT, 4,000rpm and it's the smaller pulley from crs (supposed to be 6psi).

I don't know if the charger would "blow up" if you take it to big boost, i just think that it's life would be shortened due to excessive heat on all bearings etc in the charger from spinning so fast.

Luke.

thanks mate for info and does your car ping when it warms up because i have got intake temps around 140degrees...been thinking just put a cooler on as i have a mate that can do the piping...wat setup are you running???

V

vr charged

ive got a crs supercharger which is intercooled and i want to put a smaller pully do you have to change much of the manafold

Reaction score
Members Ride
falcon
does anyone have a pic of their setup with smaller pully please

VN_Luke

ƃuoɹʍ ʇsnɾ sı sıɥʇ
Reaction score
Members Ride
Get in the ute
hey mate sorry I haven't read this for a while.

car doesn't ping but i've spent countless hours with greenfoams teachings tuning it...

youll notice charger temps rise after you give it a bootful once, then intake air temp is off it's brain.

http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/showthread.php?t=29953

there's some pics of the setup there.