Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Boost.

Kiddo

You're serious bro?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Colt
I can't think of any L67 Commodores here into the 12's with bolt ons....if it WERE the case, everyone would be yelling 'GET A CHARGED V6 A ####" at the SS drivers...

Kiddo

You're serious bro?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Colt
pistons bolt on, whatyatalkingabout?

cranks are only bolted on, so are camshafts

Well, if your looking at it that way....everything is technically bolted onto the block

Decicrate

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67
Care to show us some? That's a misleading statement. There are L67's here with 10psi upgrades, CAI, extractors/exhaust and 1.91 rockers still making less than 200rwkw and running low 14's.

The Raptor will put out up to 50 more rwkw than a stock L67. It can be fitted by a blindfolded monkey too :)

Whats misleading about my statement?You need to let your fingers do some walking and go a little further afield than the JC forum. Out of all the modded L67's that are part of an online group, this forum would have the least amount by far.

Try having a lot at the forum that is dedicated to the L67's and have a read through the 1/4 mile section and see what mods have been done to cars to get in to the 12's and you will soon find that there are a few that have done it without having to open the motor or without having to use NOS. Or go to BYE Performance FB page and have an ask there. Just because they are not on this forum does not mean that they don't exist.

Have been down the whole Raptor VS L67, before, bottom line is each to their own.
If you want something that has a great figure on a piece of paper, then a Raptor is probably the path you want to go down.
But if you want to go fast a PD blower or a turbo is where it is at.

Decicrate

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67
I can't think of any L67 Commodores here into the 12's with bolt ons....if it WERE the case, everyone would be yelling 'GET A CHARGED V6 A ####" at the SS drivers...

See post 14

What is it with some of you people, don't get out of the cave much?

Decicrate

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67
Bolt on are a little subjective I suppose.

When we talk bolt on's or unopened engines we normally are talking about products that do not require stripping the engine down and fitting new parts.

The only "bolt on" thatwe allow to be fitted internally is high ratio rockers.

No Cam, no head porting, no oversize pistons, no over size valves, no raising the CR, no balancing, no MLS head gaskets, no ARP bolts or stud kits, think you should get the idea.

Kiddo

You're serious bro?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Colt
Whats misleading about my statement?You need to let your fingers do some walking and go a little further afield than the JC forum. Out of all the modded L67's that are part of an online group, this forum would have the least amount by far.

Try having a lot at the forum that is dedicated to the L67's and have a read through the 1/4 mile section and see what mods have been done to cars to get in to the 12's and you will soon find that there are a few that have done it without having to open the motor or without having to use NOS. Or go to BYE Performance FB page and have an ask there. Just because they are not on this forum does not mean that they don't exist.

Have been down the whole Raptor VS L67, before, bottom line is each to their own.
If you want something that has a great figure on a piece of paper, then a Raptor is probably the path you want to go down.
But if you want to go fast a PD blower or a turbo is where it is at.

In my case, your correct. I don't venture too far away from JC, so i don't know what people are getting. I just find it very hard to believe after watching my mates old commodore at the drags. Rand a 14.2 (If i remember right) with a fair bit of kit.

Decicrate

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67
In my case, your correct. I don't venture too far away from JC, so i don't know what people are getting. I just find it very hard to believe after watching my mates old commodore at the drags. Rand a 14.2 (If i remember right) with a fair bit of kit.

Yep, there are quite a few that have spent $$$$$ on bits and yet have not made many gains. This is usually due to a bad set up or people that don't want to spend the extra $$$$ to have it properly tuned. I don't know how many I have come across that have spent a couple of thousand on bit and yet won't spend the money on tuning.
Any one that has seen a L67 base tune will tell you that it is as boring as bat ****, especially the early ones that had to be toned down for when GM was running the 5.0Ltr.

One of the biggest problems with the L67 is that the owners will listen to people that have not done anything with them and go out on some randoms advice and spend the $$$$ on crap or in the wrong spot and then wonder why they get flogged by a moped.
There are a small handful of people that have invested a lot of time and effort in to modding the L67's and we know where to spend the money to get good results.

SV6SIDI

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV REDLINE, FG XR6 TURBO

mine did 14.1 last yr just rockers boost upgrade an hsv exhaust. i expected better from it but its alright considering i havent spent that much on it, still not that quick though.

Decicrate

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67
Here are a small handful that are in the 12's without adding cams or rebuilding the engine. Yes one of them is using NOS.

L67 with M90(must be standard capacity and must be an M90, no cam, only outside bolt-ons, rockers and Nitrous)

1 Name -
Car - VN Calais
Mods - 64mm pulley , Bye A2A intercooler plate , 600x300 intercooler , bye 80mm u-bend ported to 85mm , 85mm ls1 TB ,
1.9:1 rockers , 100mm carbon intake tube & k&n 100mm pod , bye airbox , 1.5" pacemakers , 2x 3" stainless cats ,
twin 2.5" exhaust in 3" single with 2 mufflers , stage 2 transgo shift kit and 3.45 spooled diff
Tyres -slicks
Weight - 1380kg
Time -11.907 (PB - 13.722)
MPH -113.78 mph (PB - 99.11mph)
60ft -1.743 (PB - 2.11)

2 Name - Stephen
Car - VS Commodore
Mods - FMIC, 61mm YT Pulley, Pacemaker 1 5/8" Extractors, Twin 2.5" Exhaust, Custom Tune, shift kit, 3.45 LSD, NO HEADWORK OR CAMWORK 75 shot
Tyres - MT ET Streets
Weight - about 1450kg ?
Time - 12.055 (PB - 13.004)
MPH - 110.54 (PB - 104.72)
60ft - 1.604 (PB - 1.827)

3 Name -
Car - VS S2 executive
Mods - zzp 2.6 pulley , FIT A2A intercooler plate , 600x300 intercooler , bye airbox ,over driven balancer, 1.9:1 rockers , k&n 100mm pod , , 1.5" pacemakers ,
twin 2.5" exhaust in 3" single with 2 mufflers , stage 2 transgo shift kit billet servo and 3.45 spooled diff
Tyres -slicks
Weight - 1426kg
Time -12.230
MPH -108.56mph
60ft -1.772

4 Name -
Car - vx s pack
Mods -pod filter, backyard CAI with 4" maf piping, ls1 MAF, 68mm (17psi pulley), 5% OD ballancer, 1.75" C.C. pacemaker extractors and high flow S/S 2.5" cats, twin 2 1/2" exhaust, split ratio RR's, 3.46 lsd, 82 termostat, intermediate w2a, tune, shift improver kit, nulon octane booster.
Tyres - Full slicks
Weight - full trim 1570kg (car only)
Time - 12.745 sec (PB - 13.86)
MPH - 108.7 (PB - 97.93)
60ft - 1.939 (P - 2.110)

5 Name -
Car - VY Commodore S
Mods - Power - 203.9 Rwkw
PERFORMANCE MAFFLESS TUNE: DICKS ELECTRONICS
MODS: YT TOT INTERCOOLER, YT SNOUT AND 61MM PULLEY, FULLY PORTED M90 AND LIM, YT METAL LIM GASKETS, FIT 1:9:1 ROLLER ROCKERS, LS1 T/BODY AND ADAPTER, 100MM ALUM INTAKE AND CUSTOM MADE POD ENCLOSURE, K&N POD FILTER, CUSTOM MADE ALUM RADIATOR COVER, PACEMAKER HEADERS, 2.5INCH HIGH FLOW CATS, 2.5INCH DUAL , PORTS EXHAUST, PERFORMANCE BUILT 4L60E GEARBOX, HEAVY DUTY TRANSMISSION COOLER, REBUILT 3:46:1 LSD DIFF
Tyres - Bridgestone Potenza RE55S Race Tyres 225/50R16
Weight -1528KG + Tow Bar
Time - 12.806
MPH - 106.63
60ft - 1.830

6 Name - Beno (VN FORMULA)
Car - [JUSTASIX] VN FORMULA
Mods - 3.2 ZZP pulley, 1.65" HM Extractors, twin 2 1/4, SC6 CAI, 3.7s with LOKKA, T5 Manual, 1.9/1.95 YT rockers, tune
Tyres - M/T ET STREETS
Weight - 1380KG
Time - 12.93 (PB - 13.214)
MPH - 105.01mph (PB - 103.9)
60ft - 1.842 (PB - 1.9)