Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Boost.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Most are in VN's I see, not heavy ass VT onwards.
What have they spend for their high 12's?

Decicrate

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67
Most are in VN's I see, not heavy ass VT onwards.
What have they spend for their high 12's?

Hmmm I thought I put a good spread of models in that comparison.

Lets see
2 x VN
2 X VS
1 x VX
1 x VY
Unfortunately the list has not been updated for a while, so I will have to do a bit more searching to find you a few later models.

Cost, that is something that I could not give accurately as I do not own any of the above vehicles. But you could have a look at the mods done and go to say MACE and add up all the bits and you will have a reasonably close price I would expect.
When factoring in prices, do you include the following as they are basically needed on any platform if you are chasing figures, exhaust, tune, diff gears (if doing 1/4) stall converter or shift kits?

Kiddo

You're serious bro?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Colt
Most of those vehicles only have intake/exhaust, higher boost and the diff ratio shortened. Exactly the same as so many other L67 owners.

I'm still doubting those figures.

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Bolt on are a little subjective I suppose.

Yeah, all those words and you got it in one here, I mean Ari went off to turbo and nitrous land (turbo L67 on nos would rock :p). Those 'bolt ons' will cost lots and for most part require professional input. Point is, I could do the same with my Raptor, it doesn't make the L67 'special'. I love how meanings change to suit the poster, if the OP has an unlimited bucket of money then sure, great, go nuts. If the OP has a limited budget then careful consideration should be undertaken on the most effective way to spend those funds. Your post just read like an L67 conversion, a couple 'o bucks and a day of bolting **** on will result in a top fueler.

Those cars you listed, some of them smell or run dangerous PSI I wouldn't recommend on a L67 daily. 203rwkw in a VY running 12's is one of the smelly ones even if it had 4.11's.

Decicrate

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67
Most of those vehicles only have intake/exhaust, higher boost and the diff ratio shortened. Exactly the same as so many other L67 owners.

I'm still doubting those figures.

All the cars listed have shown timing slips to show that the time listed was the time that they run. That is the only way they can get on the 1/4 mile times on the forum, no slip no record of time pretty simple.
Now you are saying thats not good enough? Seriously WTF???

There is a huge difference to bolting bits on and having a car with bits bolted on that has been tuned by someone that actually knows what there are doing.

Last edited:

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Cones down to how close to the knife edge you want to tune.

Decicrate

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67
Yeah, all those words and you got it in one here, I mean Ari went off to turbo and nitrous land (turbo L67 on nos would rock :p). Those 'bolt ons' will cost lots and for most part require professional input. Point is, I could do the same with my Raptor, it doesn't make the L67 'special'. I love how meanings change to suit the poster, if the OP has an unlimited bucket of money then sure, great, go nuts. If the OP has a limited budget then careful consideration should be undertaken on the most effective way to spend those funds. Your post just read like an L67 conversion, a couple 'o bucks and a day of bolting **** on will result in a top fueler.

Those cars you listed, some of them smell or run dangerous PSI I wouldn't recommend on a L67 daily. 203rwkw in a VY running 12's is one of the smelly ones even if it had 4.11's.

Seriously you have no idea what you are talking about.
Every car listed is a daily driver and most still have the same car with the same engine. When it comes to boost if tuned correctly you can run a lot more than what you can untuned, if you had any clue you would know this.

How do you determine what is too much boost for a L67?

You also do not have a clue about torque, you may want to go and do some reading on the subject, that way you may have some clue when you start to talk about a L67.

Why is it that out of all the Raptor V6's, there is only one that has cracked a 12 second 1/4 mile, yet there are heaps of L67's that have done it with simple bolts on's that a blind folded monkey could fit?

No where have I made a statement saying the L67 is special and what meanings have I changed?

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Why is it that out of all the Raptor V6's, there is only one that has cracked a 12 second 1/4 mile, yet there are heaps of L67's that have done it with simple bolts on's that a blind folded monkey could fit?

Be a horses arse, fanboi all you want mate. But people bolt Raptors on and the walk away, simple. That's the beauty of them. If I spent the dollars they would have on opening their engines up, then I'd be competing with Airstrike, but my kit ran 13 flat on a stock untouched engine, a TRUE bolt on.

I'll admit I don't know a lot about the L67, but that's not what this was about. It was about someone asking for help/advice, instead he got you.

You've digressed the **** out of this thread for no good reason aside stroking your own lopsided ego with information irrelevant to the OP.

supercharger kingy

NUCKIN FUTS
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE L98 Calais
meow ... i have a 204rwkw L67 getting 13.2sec .. not far off 12s ....... needs a better tune and gearbox re kitted should see me get those figures .

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
meow ... i have a 204rwkw L67 getting 13.2sec .. not far off 12s ....... needs a better tune and gearbox re kitted should see me get those figures .

I read your thread a little while back, 168rwkw to 204rwkw, nice beast. Your thread is something the OP should read. How many dollars to get you there if I might ask Kingy?