Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Boost.

Decicrate

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67
Well this got out if hand. I have zero interest in 1/4 times, I drive a wagon FFS. I only want an L67 for a project, and all I would add would be a diff and a shift kit on top of the CAI I already have, and maybe more PSI and rocker because I can fit them myself. So no, I won't be spending 10 grand.

Besides, are after market superchargers even legal? I want a daily, not a drag car. I would be wrapped with 200kw.

These debates, arguments always get out of hand!! Where is the fun in everyone agreeing with each other.

The Raptor and other after market systems are 100% legal as long as you follow your states rules regarding modifications.

As I said in my first post, go a 85mm pulley (10PSI) and you will have a bit of fun.
Rockers, CAI and exhaust will add a bit more. You may also look at a memcal from MACE to give you that little more punch.

A few little tips for the L67.

Do a boost bypass deletion, this will make sure that the ECU does not try to bleed off boost. If you need information on this there is a great write up at L67torque.com it takes about 5 minutes to do and costs nothing.
After a boost upgrade, consider regapping your spark plugs to 1 mm instead of 1.3mm, this will stop the spark getting blown out.
Always run BP98 fuel!!!
Always run a high quality oil and change regularly.
Keep an eye on engine mounts as these tend to fail after a couple of years, about half the time for a N/A engine.
With the diff if you can afford it get an LSD and there is no need to go past 3.7 gear set.
Most of all enjoy!!!!!

Ohh and don't worry about it being a wagon Astro's wagon runs in the 10 second bracket at the drags!!!!
(disclaimer, Astro's wagon is very,very,very higly modded!!)

frogsta

Perth WA
Reaction score
Members Ride
Focus ST E30
BYE Performance ftw. L67 master tuner there, basically any tuning really. Getting the SR done with Justin ehe

supercharger kingy

NUCKIN FUTS
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE L98 Calais
No offence, if I went to the trouble and expense of fitting a cam to make 200rwkw..............I would burn my car to the ground.

Soo 200rwkw that can run low 13s without a tune.. get decent tune run 12s... with only 200rwkw hahaha imagine my time if I had 250rwkw ... eadc

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Soo 200rwkw that can run low 13s without a tune.. get decent tune run 12s... with only 200rwkw hahaha imagine my time if I had 250rwkw ... eadc
Until it runs a time and you have the slip in your hand it hasn't done anything.

supercharger kingy

NUCKIN FUTS
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE L98 Calais
Until it runs a time and you have the slip in your hand it hasn't done anything.

Sooooo what time did that VN V8 of yours run again ??? I believe it got munched buy alot of mang machines.. to easy bro

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Yeah it did, was a stock VN SS and my first time racing so it should of got munched lol.
Don't know what that car has to do with it, but why off topic my G6E ran a 12 in a car a lot heavier then yours with about the same power....too easy bro.
You L67 guys are a funny bunch.

supercharger kingy

NUCKIN FUTS
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE L98 Calais
Yeah it did, was a stock VN SS and my first time racing so it should of got munched lol.
Don't know what that car has to do with it, but why off topic my G6E ran a 12 in a car a lot heavier then yours with about the same power....too easy bro.
You L67 guys are a funny bunch.

Soooo your wasting your time on JC when you own a ford. Is it because the ford fourm guys didnt like you big headed ego ??? So you would think its cool to come brag about your newly designed car and how it beats 10yr + old cars ?? Wow you must of made an good impression with those blue oval guys.... cool story bro

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Soooo your wasting your time on JC when you own a ford. Is it because the ford fourm guys didnt like you big headed ego ??? So you would think its cool to come brag about your newly designed car and how it beats 10yr + old cars ?? Wow you must of made an good impression with those blue oval guys.... cool story bro
So I have a big headed ego for posting the same stuff as you? You talk about a 1991 model car compared to a 2001 model, same thing.

TI3VOM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
Decicrate you seriously have no idea with what your talking about, it's not like you own an L67 that makes 449 rwhp :)