Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Boost666s L67 Calais

BOOST666

Classic not plastic
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
'79 VB SL/E 253, VY SS II
My missus is usually ok with it, I have VS Stato that is a long term project, I'm currently building a 355 stroker with twin turbos for that, I'm meant to be saving for our wedding so that's the only issue she'll have... If she gets upset I buy her a new handbag and send her to get her hair done, that should shut her up for a day or two lol

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
For a daily car i would go with the A2A setup, W2A i personally think is better for drag racing applications because once the water heats up it takes a little while to cool down again witch is why at the drags they put dry ice etc in the reservoirs.
When money permits il be fitting a A2A with a nice dyno tune to suit.

not sure if an issue with the w2a kits on the L67 but after a 40min hard drive in 32 degree heat up here on mine, I can open my resivour and water is just warm, not enough to burn ya ect

Super_Low 91

┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐
Reaction score
Members Ride
1993 VR
Don't get me started on wedding crap my missus has been hinting for ages now but due to shitty financials i can barely afford rent. Ah well thats life i spose. Will be keen to see what your car makes on the dyno, your parts list is similar to the one i have.
Whoa 355 TT bet that will be a fun car to drive when its done.

Super_Low 91

┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐
Reaction score
Members Ride
1993 VR
not sure if an issue with the w2a kits on the L67 but after a 40min hard drive in 32 degree heat up here on mine, I can open my resivour and water is just warm, not enough to burn ya ect

Iv thought about making a tank with a couple peltier plates in it to cool the water down. But i cant find any plates that would be large enough to make a big difference

BOOST666

Classic not plastic
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride

Maybe you're not driving it hard enough ;) ... If I was looking to pull over 400kw I'd have w2a too, they have many advantages, but for what I'm doing an a2a will be fine.

PaRaDoX

Because Racecouch...
Reaction score
Members Ride
none
Clean car!

Model: 04 VY CALAIS II HBD
Picked it up a couple of months ago, so far I have done the diff, shift kitted the trans, replaced lim gaskets, bypassed boost control solenoid, tinted the windows and dropped it on ultra low King Springs with Monroe GT shocks. Got a decent tax return so I decided to spend a few dollars on it. Apart from the porting and dyno tuning I'll be doing all the work myself.

why would you bypass the solenoid?!??!?!?!?! you know the solenoid is designed to vent boost on idle only right? and with no positive boost the valve can open on its own. you'll just be using more fuel on idle and saping power from the engine...

BOOST666

Classic not plastic
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
Clean car!
why would you bypass the solenoid?!??!?!?!?! you know the solenoid is designed to vent boost on idle only right? and with no positive boost the valve can open on its own. you'll just be using more fuel on idle and saping power from the engine...

It's a very common mod on L67s, I think you mean the actuator?
Actuator controls bypass valve (butterfly) in blower.
You can lose boost pressure via the solenoid hence why a lot of people decide to disable it

BOOST666

Classic not plastic
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
10r25ib.jpg

ifvbwz.jpg

jze8mt.jpg