Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Booster delete, vl

15nuts

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs ss, hj panelvan, vl turbo
Hey guys iv been searching and searching and can't find any good info on boosterless commodore brake set ups.
And was wondering if anyone has or knows how well the kits like the wilwood booster delete perform.
Particularly in the vb vc vh vl vk but also in the later vt vx vz vy .
As in does it feel like driving with a stuffed booster or is it softer and acualy designed to feel right.

I'm thinking of running one in my vl with vy front and vn rear discs but don't want to be pulling it back out after the first drive.
Thanks Jake
Screenshot_20201010-130428_Samsung Internet.jpg

the_boozer

no more VK
Reaction score
Members Ride
hilux
Can I ask why you want to get rid of the booster? Is this a car to look at, I know a few blokes that have cars that are too good to drive. Some of them should only be looked at because the car is **** to dive anyway don't know why they get pissed off when I say that.

15nuts

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs ss, hj panelvan, vl turbo
Can I ask why you want to get rid of the booster? Is this a car to look at, I know a few blokes that have cars that are too good to drive. Some of them should only be looked at because the car is **** to dive anyway don't know why they get pissed off when I say that.
Manly the looks as I'm shaving the bay ready for my ls1 turbo set up. But I like the idea of less things to brake and less things to have in the way when cleaning / working on the car.
but yeah I'm planing on using it more then just on the weekends

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Without a booster you will definitely have less things to brake.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Assuming that the MC size is spec'd correctly the brakes should work fine, yes it won't feel like your average boosted setup but that doesn't mean it won't work. I doubt CRS would sell a product like that for road vehicles if it made the brakes unsafe.

stick3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sedan vs ute gsx1400
rodshops has got a few car build vids old holdens and fords fitting wilwood brakes and master cylinder
probaly need to be engineered to be road legal here in nsw after all you are changing the brake system by removing the booster
this vid show you how it works and installing it in a xf fairmont

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Fit a wider(auto) brake pedal, so you can use both feet.

I've got a 1971 model car here, with non-boosted discs on the front......Car weighs 1406 kilos or 3100LBS, give or take a few Kilos or LBS.....

A VL weights 1350 kilos or 2980 LBS...I don't need 2 feet to stop my car, so doubtful you'll need 2 feet to stop a VL

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
I've got a 1971 model car here, with non-boosted discs on the front......Car weighs 1406 kilos or 3100LBS, give or take a few Kilos or LBS.....

A VL weights 1350 kilos or 2980 LBS...I don't need 2 feet to stop my car, so doubtful you'll need 2 feet to stop a VL

it was a joke...