Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Booster delete, vl

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
I heard a while back a freind od a freind was running willwoods with 7/8th master on a track VK and it stopped fine.

All the booster does is increase brake ratio. You can increase brake ratio via pedal ratio, master to caliper cylinder ratio, disc leverage ratio and booster ratio. Take out the booster which is 7:1-10:1 ratio all you have to do is a add 2 points in at the other 3 locations and you just made up 6:1.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Look at National Code Of Practice For Light Vehicle Construction And Modification VSB-14 and download "Section LG Brakes".
Section LG states that modification of "power brake installations in ADR-31 & ADR-35 vehicles require certification under LG codes".

I'd believe your VL was covered by ADR-31 (maybe ADR-35 but not sure)... All ADR's that your vehicle complies with are listed on the compliance plate within your VL's engine bay. So, if either of these ADR's are listed on the plate, removing the booster will require engineering certification.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Look at National Code Of Practice For Light Vehicle Construction And Modification VSB-14 and download "Section LG Brakes".
Section LG states that modification of "power brake installations in ADR-31 & ADR-35 vehicles require certification under LG codes".

I'd believe your VL was covered by ADR-31 (maybe ADR-35 but not sure)... All ADR's that your vehicle complies with are listed on the compliance plate within your VL's engine bay. So, if either of these ADR's are listed on the plate, removing the booster will require engineering certification.

Going boosterless is 99.999% of the time for track or off road use.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride

15nuts

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs ss, hj panelvan, vl turbo

I will be getting the car engineered as it's getting an turbo ls and t56 conversion so the engineer parts no issue.
As long as it is passable, safe and feels (good) I think I'd give it a go.
iv seen many photos of registered vl vk' s running no booster but just can't seem to find and info on the pedal feel and performance

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
I will be getting the car engineered as it's getting an turbo ls and t56 conversion so the engineer parts no issue.
As long as it is passable, safe and feels (good) I think I'd give it a go.
iv seen many photos of registered vl vk' s running no booster but just can't seem to find and info on the pedal feel and performance
I‘m sure you can make a safe unassisted braking system with great peddle feel and fantastic performance through understanding and engineering. But one certifying engineers may not accept the same things as another of his peers. Or you may find if they may place a huge burden on testing of the constructed braking system (taking a system from another later model has less issues since as a package it’s been certified by the manufacturer).

So have you picked a certifying engineer and discussed your plans with them? If not, it’s a good idea to have a chat so you can get a heads-up whether it’s something the engineer will actually accept or not... And if testing is required, you’d have to hire an expert as you can’t do the performance tests yourself, so cost may become an issue for you... All things to be aware of before you start and definitely before you finish a build :)