Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

boot floor board rattle in VTII

jasonsvt

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore VTII Acclaim
friday i had my rear shocks replaced and now i think and hope the floor board in my boot in clunking when i go over bumps in the road. i thought it of been the jack, removed that, board is still rattling. im trying not to be concerned its something from the shocks. is there anything i can do to stop the board rattling. oh no i DONT have a sound system.
thanks, jason

graham7773

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim Wagon
Take the car back to whoever fitted the shock absorbers and explain that the car is making noises that were not there before they worked on it. If the fault is theirs, they are responsible to fix it.

Mirkz

Reaction score
Members Ride
GSXR1000
glue bits of soft foam underneath so it doesn't sit on the board itself ?
check the exhaust too, mine is missing a couple of rubber hanging mounts and after I lowered mine the knocking from the exhaust became much more apparent, although I can hear/feel mine through most of the system. But if you've just got the tail piece which is loose you might find it's just that bit knocking on something.

jasonsvt

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore VTII Acclaim
thanks guys, i know its prob nothing, just had bad run of luck with cars. i did ring them, and like they saidits just that with the new shocks, ill notice more because they work better than leaking ones. i trust the guys at redback in penrith. but ill take it buy tomoz morning.