Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Boot Leak

azkwazere

Ahhh Yes, Ahhh Yes....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5-SPD / 24-SPD Racer Hybrid
Hey Commodore lovers,
got a q...

i have a that random VP boot leak that occurs, because i am yet to figure out where and why it is leaking, i have a problem. I ran all my audio cables at once... ie 2 Signal send leads, 1 4Ga cable, some neaon control wires etc, becuase of the door trim and how much of a poo it was to get on and of i did it all at once. The leads are just sitting in my boot rolled up....because of the leak i dicided to put a bag over the head of the leads and tape it up.

is this gonna make more problems than its worth because of condensation?

also...does it really matter if i cover them at all? Will the boot leak screw them up?

Anyway, Thanx.

G4orce

HSV Owner
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
Vy Senator Signature 5.7lt auto
I have a vp calais and i have a leaking boot as well. It is such a pain. I have a stereo in my boot as well but luckily the water does not hit it. I have resently been told 3 ways the water could be getting through to the boot but i have not tested to see if any of these promlem are what is wrong with mine. 1. It could be the boor seal. i was told to take the seal off and clean around where the seals sit. Also fill the seal with window sealant and put it but on. 2. look for rust around the real windscreen. Some water could be getting down throught there. This can be fixed by pulling out the windscreen and cut and bogging the rust, this will be very exspensive so hope its not that. 3. water couls be getting in throught the real triangular window. I dont no how that could be fixed. I hope i could help you and you should get it fixed. electrical equipment and water dont go well together :b:

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
wrapping the cabling up is ok, but in reality, if you shortned all the cable so it was the correct length, you wouldn't have any laying on the floor and it would make for a much tidier install. Even if you can't be bothered shortening it, cable tie it up out of place. ;) 10minute job mate.