Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Boot Lid opens a minute after the car is locked

Freeway64

Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 VF Commodore SV6 Storm Sedan
In the last day or two, every time I lock the car, about a minute or so, the boot lid opens, which means I can't leave the car anywhere - no security at all. It happens when I use both the spare and the everyday one. Embarrassing as I have just had American visitors who were wondering what was going on.

Last edited:

Sir Les

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6 MY14
Just tell your visitors it's a GM product.......... they'll understand.

Freeway64

Reaction score
Members Ride
The worst of it is that my back-up vehicle, a 1962 Morris Major Elite has turned out to be far more reliable but doesn't have air-con......

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
In the last day or two, every time I lock the car, about a minute or so, the boot lid opens, which means I can't leave the car anywhere - no security at all. It happens when I use both the spare and the everyday one. Embarrassing as I have just had American visitors who were wondering what was going on.

Whenever you have electronic glitches in the vf the first thing you should try is to disconnect the battery for 10 mins.
You can just pop the negative lead off and wait for 10 then put it back on and see how you go.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Does it happen everywhere, or just in a certain location?

Big Red VF-SII Go-kart

I love puddles.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SV6 (LFX) Sportwagon (SOLD)
Reconfigure locking and unlocking through the security menu of MyLink. Possibly something is doubled up there which is tripping the boot lid. For example, some combinations of both
Active and Passive door locking can result in the boot locking or not locking when all other doors are fine. A factory reset is also available through MyLink to start the whole caboodle over again, setting locking and unlocking to defaults.

Freeway64

Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks Imoengnr and Big Red- I think it's related to a flat battery in the ignition key. I'm using the spare and so far OK..... I'll keep you posted. Cheers

Freeway64

Reaction score
Members Ride
Trap for beginners - the key fob was so buggered with the buttons held in with sticky tape. Think the boot button was almost in constant contact and when I shoved the keys in my pocket, like magic the boot came up.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Trap for beginners - the key fob was so buggered with the buttons held in with sticky tape. Think the boot button was almost in constant contact and when I shoved the keys in my pocket, like magic the boot came up.
Thanks for letting us know!