Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Boot lid spoiler delete

Devils_ride

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT ss 5ltr
Hello all, I recently took my spoiler off my VT ss and realised how ugly that holes look, I have bought a new boot lid, how do I wire it up? Has anybody else done this before? Do I have to swap all the wires over? Or do I just do a simple cut and shut?

NeddyBear

Veteran Mountain Biker
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 2.5L Subaru Outback
A brand new boot lid or a second hand one. We removed our cracked spoiler while tracking down a good used spoiler and when connecting up the wiring I pulled the wires out as far as they would come through the holes in the boot, snipped them off and soldered the wiring from the replacement spoiler back together and heat shrinked the joins.
If you have a brand new lid them I'd image you just run the wiring back through the new lid in the opposite way that you removed it with a little cursing when trying to feed the spoiler brake light wires up through the hole.

Drewie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS (Original owner).
What do you intend to do about the centre stop light that was in the spoiler, you will need one in the rear window or risk the police defecting it.
Problem is the SS has the rear window blacked out where the centre stop light goes in other models without spoilers. By law you are meant to have a 3rd stop light.