Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Boot lid.

djdomohudson

Mad frogs
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega Sedan / VE International Sportwagon
If I were to go down and salvage a boot lid from a VX the same colour as mine, and attempt to install it on my VT (because I kinda think the VT boot is ugly) will it fit? Or was the VX facelift that much different?

Which poses a sub question, if I try to remove the red plastic from my VT lid will it look rediculous or will it be okay?

I might have to settle for keeping it. Or trying to find a VT clubsport boot lid maybe...

jason_85

Reaction score
Members Ride
02 Vy SS and 99 Vt SS
if your going to do anything, remove the standard vt garnish and replace with that of a vx and also replace the tail lights to vx... i did to vx belina and the rear looks so much better... heres the sh1tty vt ones

P3110900.jpg

and these are the vx berlina ones..

P8061108.jpg

much better than before..

YMY-70Y

Need more powwwaaahhh
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY sII S and VT sII S
You can swap the whole boot lid if you wish, or just the garnish, either one..... I have just done the boot swap myself

If you would like to keep the VT look, i can sell you series2 tail lights (clear indicators) and the HSV garnish and even the spoiler if you like, its in tiger mica but...PM me if you like

djdomohudson

Mad frogs
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega Sedan / VE International Sportwagon
Thanks for the feedback. My VT is white so the tiger mica gold would see me on a paint job but I was thinking of leaving the spoiler off for now.
I want to switch my VT lights for the black ones either
0035820_450.jpeg
or even
VA80L02S.jpg
something like that, and black headlights to match.

Thanks YMY-70Y for the offer. I may be interested in the HSV garnish though!
But knowing that the boot lid does do a straight swap I might keep an eye out for a VX lid in white just in case. I'll keep you in mind when it's decision time.

Jason_85 I'm really impressed with your swap over! And cracking rims btw, saw some similar to that on a statesman today actually. Gangs.

SVNDR

Reaction score
Members Ride
'02 VXII Exec
If I were to go down and salvage a boot lid from a VX the same colour as mine, and attempt to install it on my VT (because I kinda think the VT boot is ugly) will it fit? Or was the VX facelift that much different?

Which poses a sub question, if I try to remove the red plastic from my VT lid will it look rediculous or will it be okay?

I might have to settle for keeping it. Or trying to find a VT clubsport boot lid maybe...

Just get the garnish mate, youd be a fool to buy a whole new bootlid. The garnish is the plastic strip where your numberplate sits. Costs about $50 or less from a wrecker. If your in NSW i can recommend a great place!

ALSO, im selling a set of them lights your after if you want them? $100 and they are all yours. They are about $250 upwards RRP

SVNDR

Reaction score
Members Ride
'02 VXII Exec
And they are LED which IMO is way better then globes haha check the thread in my signature for a photo of them on my car, they are less then a month old!

SVNDR

Reaction score
Members Ride
'02 VXII Exec
Sorry one more post! If your that interested in a white VX bootlid i have one if them aswell. Ring around your local wreckers first and get an idea on price then make me an offer. Ill do the lights and bootlid for $200 if you want.

skipz22

hard2plz
Reaction score
Members Ride
vx ss
just go to a wrecker and get a vx rear garnish in white and change your rear tail lights to vx ons.. pretty easy to do as i pull cars apart often.

jason_85

Reaction score
Members Ride
02 Vy SS and 99 Vt SS
Jason_85 I'm really impressed with your swap over! And cracking rims btw, saw some similar to that on a statesman today actually. Gangs.[/QUOTE]

i dont have the wheels in the first pic anymore....

scrano

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina LS1
What sort of bumper is that in that second picture Jason_85? Is that an R8, or GTO bumper at all? It looks familiar, but I can't think which car it actually comes off