Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Boot lock's...

qwertsta

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Berlina
Ok so my mate has completely stuffed my boot lock by trying to "crack" the lock with wire. And then i snapped the key trying to open the boot.... The other week there was a brand spanking new lock for a vl and i put a bid on it for 32 dollar's, well i wasnt home when the auction finished and somebody won the item for $33 :ranting:. Now im desperate to get a new lock so i can get my sub and amp installed in the boot. Now to my question, will a VH boot lock fit a VL?
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/VH-COMMODORE...yZ102356QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

qwertsta

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Berlina
Nah I'm really only after a genuine or replica lock... But thank's for your help anyway:thumbsup:

wagonb0y

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Berlina 5speed turbo
You could probally have mine in a cuple of days if u wana pay for postage.

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
My question to you is, are you replacing the bootlock with a new lock entirely? What are you going to do with the keys? Do you still want them to match or don't you care if you are carrying around a second key solely for your boot?

I'm facing the same dilemma, I need the barrel and the cover, but I'm not sure how to go about it because I want to keep the same key without having to change anything over. I've been told that it can be done, but I'm not sure what my options are yet.

You should look into it for me? haha

Apart from that I thought a wrecker would have a boot lock for 5 dollars or so.

gungazza

Reaction score
Members Ride
executive vt 5.0lt VZ CREWMAN
i think ,if you go to a locksmith, thay can fix it ,so you can use same key ,not sure but you will have to check it out

333VL

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Berlina V8
Hey the same thing has happenned with my door lock. I think I'm going to replace all my locks becuase at the moment i have a few different keys for different locks. Can you buy like sets of 3 locks (2 door, 1 boot) anywhere?

vk3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S Series 2
Now to my question, will a VH boot lock fit a VL?

I'm pretty sure that a VH lock will fit a VL. I've put a VK one in a VL before, so don't see why a VH one shouldn't fit.

qwertsta

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Berlina
Thank's for all the help guy's.
My question to you is, are you replacing the bootlock with a new lock entirely? What are you going to do with the keys? Do you still want them to match or don't you care if you are carrying around a second key solely for your boot?

I'm facing the same dilemma, I need the barrel and the cover, but I'm not sure how to go about it because I want to keep the same key without having to change anything over. I've been told that it can be done, but I'm not sure what my options are yet.

You should look into it for me? haha

Apart from that I thought a wrecker would have a boot lock for 5 dollars or so.

Hahahaha i already had 2 separate key's. 1 for my boot, 1 for my door's :D
Tho it never bothered me...

walesy

Aint no family cruiser!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cherry Black WH II Caprice, VS exec wagon
my old vl was a bit of a hybrid i had a differnt key for all 3, ignition boot and door