Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Boot noise and other questions..

juzzyx

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 VY Wagon
Hey guys. In my VS I'm running:
- Dual 12" kickers in a ported box 300watt rms 2 ohm (10DC122)
- 1200 watt peak fusion amp
- 2 x Pioneer 6x9s 230watt peak
- 2 x Alpine 2 ways 280watt peak
- Sony xplod headunit

Now. The subs and the 6x9s are running off the amp and the alpines off the head-unit. When I crank my system it sounds awesome inside the car, it literally blows your head off aswell as being crystall clear. Outside the car however all you can hear is the boot... vibrates like a mother####er, my question is, how do I stop this bad vibration? Its unbelievable vibration, almost indescribable. I've heard you can weld the boot up, if this is true were would I weld it? I have access to welding equipment and a full range of power tools. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

SuperSixty6

Alto Rullo
Reaction score
Members Ride
Landcruiser TD
if you weld your boot how are you ment to open it up and show ppl

I assume this was a stupid post and i just didn't see the humour ?

Some people weld the support bracing to the sheet metal to give it a stronger bond, This will improve the resonance of a panel and some what help with vibration.
I prefer to use Sika or Sikaflex 227 which is a motor glue. It's allot cleaner, and easier IMO.

Nic92

Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Members Ride
2005 Mitsubishi Evolution 9
I assume this was a stupid post and i just didn't see the humour ?

Some people weld the support bracing to the sheet metal to give it a stronger bond, This will improve the resonance of a panel and some what help with vibration.
I prefer to use Sika or Sikaflex 227 which is a motor glue. It's allot cleaner, and easier IMO.

ohhh ok ...

92 VP CALAIS

Reaction score
Members Ride
1992 VP Calais
Also, If you weld the bracing in your boot, you will need to get your boot fully repainted as the heat with stuff your paint up.