Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Boot release switch wagon vz 06

AussieHolden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon 2006
Brought a boot release switch from ebay genuine holden part installed it but it does not pop open my tail gate all I get is a click noise under the drivers dash.

Is there something else I need to do to get it working or is there a fault ?

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
was it working before, maybe crook solenoid, did you remove a black plug and put switch in instead, if you did then you don't have a release,

AussieHolden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon 2006
was it working before, maybe crook solenoid, did you remove a black plug and put switch in instead, if you did then you don't have a release,

It didn't have one before but the plug was there behind a blank cover so I got the switch. A bit confused as the tail gate locks & unlocks with the remote ?

illlusion

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV MY10
The wagons don't have a boot release they use a locking actuator to lock and unlock that's why there was a blank the adventras use the boot release for the rear window only

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
it can be done, you need to have it activated in the bcm, is there a flashing lock signal on dash when you push the button, its in a not enabled state (sons was), have done this with sons VZ S ute (mid bcm) we put the switch in (like you did) , then found the output pin on the bcm and connected a wire (used a second hand plug and removed a pin and fitted in to his original plug) from there to a relay to activate boot release solenoid we had fitted to his hard lid lock, the solenoid/actuator is from the boot of a vz sedan, it needed tech 2 from holdens to do, we needed a 3 button key programed anyway and setup about $160 including the key took about 1/2 to 1 hr to sort out so he has a remote release on his hard lid like remote boot release on a sedan, you can check the pinout and wiring diagram to see if its there

Last edited:

illlusion

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV MY10
Because all the bcm and front dash harnesses are the same between sedan and wagon there's prob no wiring to the back of the car for it you could do what the above post said and wire one in but I'm not sure if it would work with out upgrading the gas struts on the tail gate

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
Illusion, I agree with the struts to get a bit more push when released, very probable no wiring to the rear door, correct in saying he has an exec wagon going by his profile, wiring diagram doesn't discriminate between models, shows on this one

Attachments

• img014.pdf
    236.8 KB · Views: 227
Last edited: