Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Boot release wont work on ve ss-v sportwagon

Trueblue

Reaction score
Members Ride
Sportswagon
Wanted to say thankyou for the above advice. Our 08 sportswagon suddenly lost power to the boot, so after reading about the moisture problem (and realising it was after a day of heavy rain) we got the hair dryer onto it. It took several goes over a few days, and leaving the lights open to let it air, but it eventually worked. If it wasn't for this post we would have been going to the mechanics yet again!
We also changed the fuse but that didn't seen to do anything. Thanks for the advice!

jgood

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEII Sportwagan
Just started happening to me after heavy rain. Wouldnt silicone along the chrome bar prevent water from getting into the pad? Anyone tried it or have thought on that?

kwaka738

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE MY09 Berlina Sportwagon
Just started happening to me after heavy rain. Wouldnt silicone along the chrome bar prevent water from getting into the pad? Anyone tried it or have thought on that?

From memory there is a rubber seal that runs the whole length of the chrome strip to stop water getting down behind the chrome strip.

The problem with my switch (being a MY09 model) was definitely the poor quality water proof membrane in the switch. The replacement part was much improved on the original part. If Holden had only spent an extra $10 on making sure the original part was of suitable quality this thread wouldn't exist!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VE SportWagon International A4
Had the touch pad fail on me after pressure wash. Was trying to remove the dust build up from the dirt roads. Stopped work for a couple of days. Did buy a replace initially, but ended up return it as it cost $167. I peeled the rubber touch pad off and cleaned it up as the seal was open. Just used silicon to reapply it.

RichoKidd

Obese Commodores
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Sportswagon
Picking up a VE Sportswagon with the same problem tonight, will hopefully give the Hairdryer tick a go until I can be bothered/afford to fix it completely. Anyone know if Repco/SuperCheap/Aftermarket Manufacturers have figured out this is a problem and made a 'budget' part for it? That cost is ridiculous.

kwaka738

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE MY09 Berlina Sportwagon
Picking up a VE Sportswagon with the same problem tonight, will hopefully give the Hairdryer tick a go until I can be bothered/afford to fix it completely. Anyone know if Repco/SuperCheap/Aftermarket Manufacturers have figured out this is a problem and made a 'budget' part for it? That cost is ridiculous.

I don't think anyone will be making a replacement part for this. It would be a bit costly for the number that would be bought.

However if you are looking for a cheap solution why not do what bernieh suggested in post #18 (the $7.50 solution)
https://forums.justcommodores.com.a...work-ve-ss-v-sportwagon-2.123940/post-2526368

aerobr

Reaction score
Members Ride
Jeep SRT8, WM Caprice, VE Wagon
Rebirthing an old thread i know, but after having issues with my Tailgate switch, i removed it and pulled the plastic membrane off, cleaned the switch parts and glued membrane back on. Worked great for 6 months..til moisture got in after storms up here thru 2 tiny pinholes in rear!

Recleaned and sealed fully, and after replacing broken glovebox and glovebox surround with spare old one from my grange i wired in the boot release button to give me a redundancy in case the switch ever plays up again, couldn't risk it as i have cargo barrier and cage fitted to transport work K9 and cant have it jamming with him in there!! no way of getting to the bung in tailgate thru all that lol pretty dangerous when you think of it!

Wired into latch side so completely separate to switch and works perfectly..just figured it might help anyone else in same boat :)

David0001

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf sv6 sportswagon
Hi guy,I have a VF sv6 sportswagon and the tailgate will not unlock unless i do it manually from inside, i dont know if it is the switch or the locking/actuator mechanism as when i have the door open and i close the latch myself ,i can press the button/switch and the latch unlocks. Now i can do this all day with the door open and it works fine, but when i shut the tailgate and it goes through its closing motion (as in you can here the noise of it closing and latching) it does nothing when i press the button to unlock. Is there a sensor on the actuator that would be stopping the latch from unlocking. And does holden sell the switch/actuator on their own.

Cheers

aerobr

Reaction score
Members Ride
Jeep SRT8, WM Caprice, VE Wagon
Hmmmm haven't seen that before! Definitely back to Holden for warranty job if that was me mate!