Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Boot space

Wombat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX-II Lumina Sedan
There are some very slim subwoofers available nowadays, mostly meant for fitting behind the seat of a ute where there isn't a lot of depth to fit a normal sub.
We did a lot of measurement and sizing of various subs when putting the doof-doof system in our fun car, a '57 Morris Minor (yes, really...), and because of the restricted space in one of those, we came across quite a few ingenious subs which don't take up a lot of space. (We ended up with two ten inch subs in the Morris).

For our VX Lumina, I have been considering a ute-type slim sub presicely because of your same concern, namely boot space, as we do a lot of travelling and need the space.
We may end up fitting a pair of slim ones, either side of the fold-down opening so we can have the best of both worlds, namely boot space, subwoofers, and also retaining the rear seat opening for boot access and longer items.

Bubbles

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt exec
problem is that i already have the sub (well i got two and a box) but yeah. dont worry we have a few morris minors (one sedan, and 3 utes (being restored) ahh well im sure i will think of something, OR if all else fails i wont put a sub in.

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
see wat u think of this i did this myself n wanted it 2 b made 4 the same reasons as u aswell as lookin tidy...... i also hinged my floor mat in front of the box so i can get my spare out with ease 2. hahha i found out i can fit a lawn mower in at the same time so its not bad ay lol

Attachments

• ants new sub wooofffeerrr.jpg
    ants new sub wooofffeerrr.jpg
    198.5 KB · Views: 338

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
u can still fold the set down u just cant get into the boot from the back seat..... tho u can if u take everything out but its not worth the hassles