Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

boot wont open

anarklov3r

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 WM Caprice
When you press the boot release on your key, can you hear the release solenoid in the boot trying to open? or do u just hear a click from under the dash. If all you hear is a click then maybe one of your relays are buggered.

Try swapping it over with another one. Also, check your fuses.

The VT wont have a emergency boot release cord accessible from the rear seats because the VT's had a keyhole. If he has replaced the VT garnish with a VX one, and not put in the emergency release its his fault

WyldOne

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wagon
I can still open my boot on my wagon, because it's got the button.

keeny

keeny
Reaction score
Members Ride
BAGGED 04 VY SS S2 HBD MANUAL UTE
Hi,ive had the same prob on my VT go through the middle and with a torch look to see where the solenoid (actuator) is and it will control a steel rod if you slide the steel rod you should be able to unlock the boot. then check all fuses and relays, check that the wiring connectors are on the solenoid properly and that none of the wiring has been pinched. i hope this help

JuzAndBec

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina 3.8
This happened to me, for some reason the boot height adjustment moved. I fixed it by screwing in the two black rubber adjusters that are on the underside lip of the boot a few turns. This lowered the boot a bit when closed which engaged the lock mechanism more firmly and allowed the release to work again. Failing that, take the lower lip trim off and move the catch bar down a smidge.

Happy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII Executive S2 3.8 Ecotec
When you press the unlock button the gas struts should lift the boot catch away from the lock.
If they don't lift the boot up a bit then when you take your finger off the unlock button the boot will just relock.
Replace your gas struts. $40.50 /pair delivered from the gas strut guys.
Cheers

vxinjectedgasss

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx ss
there is a steel rod that comes off the bottom of the actuator to the boot catch. mine just snapped, for those who like to tinker i just replaced mine with a coat hanger i bent to shape. Good as new. Or
if not buy replacement from holden.

dags061

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH Vacationer 253, VH SL 185 pack 253
Sounds like it needs adjustment. VX have an emergency release handle in the boot.Open split seat and on back of the drivers side rear seat is a yellow handle. Not sure about VT. Check your owners manual.I had to replace a piece of the mechanism as the wire pulling rod broke.Got one off a VS at the wreckers.

FATMOE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Clubsport R8
Lol 2 years later? The bloke has either smashed the #### outta the boot by now or killed himself lol